Interested in a new Edge and have ???

tylus

My wife and I are wanting to go back into a 4 door vehicle. We currently own a 2006 F-150 FX4 SuperCrew and a 2003 Mustang GT. The Mustang needs to go since I have a 4yr old and she doesn't have much leg room.

Basically I'm either going to buy a 08+ Mustang GT or a 09 Edge. If the Edge is problematic, I'll "settle" for another GT and the kid can ride in my 4 door truck. I've priced out a loaded Edge with the options I want for about $35k vs. a Mustang loaded for $32k. The prices are pretty close, but now it comes down to how much effort I'm going to have to expend. And frankly, I'm pretty dang lazy. So I want the least problematic Ford I can find.

Anyways, my question is: How is the Edge after its release? Are they good vehicles with few issues? I'm looking to avoid 1st year production issues and I'm interested in finding out any and all issues the Edge has.

Also, how does that bigger V-6 and 6 speed do for the MPG department? It would be nice to at least have one vehicle that got closer to 20 mpg.

sorry for the long post and many questions. thanks for the inputs in advance

Once it's broken in you should be able to get close to 20 mpg (fwd) but that depends a lot on how you drive and how much stop-n-go you do.

There have been a couple of engineering/parts issues but those should be fixed by the time the 09s come out. Even those appear to be one time issues - once fixed they won't reoccur.

Once it's broken in you should be able to get close to 20 mpg (fwd) but that depends a lot on how you drive and how much stop-n-go you do.

There have been a couple of engineering/parts issues but those should be fixed by the time the 09s come out. Even those appear to be one time issues - once fixed they won't reoccur.

I just got an 07 edge. What "problems" have there been?

I just got an 07 edge. What "problems" have there been?

Hi Dragon. :D No major problems. Every make and model of car has a few problems here and there. You have to remember that many people come here to find solutions to problems, not sing praises. So the problems spoken about here are a minority situation.

Kind of like watching the News on Television. They only report the bad things that happen. Most good things go unreported.

That being said, with the Edge, the most common complaints so far seem to be a small minority of Owners having a small oil leak in the engine/transmission coupling area, and/or some rattling/loose interior trim concerning the Panoramic Roof.

Overall, the Edge/MKX have been relatively trouble free vehicles, compared to other vehicles as a whole.

Good luck with your new Edge! :beerchug:

Edited by bbf2530

Hi Dragon. :D No major problems. Every make and model of car has a few problems here and there. You have to remember that many people come here to find solutions to problems, not sing praises. So the problems spoken about here are a minority situation.

Kind of like watching the News on Television. They only report the bad things that happen. Most good things go unreported.

That being said, with the Edge, the most common complaints so far seem to be a small minority of Owners having a small oil leak in the engine/transmission coupling area, and/or some rattling/loose interior trim concerning the Panoramic Roof.

Overall, the Edge/MKX have been relatively trouble free vehicles, compared to other vehicles as a whole.

Good luck with your new Edge! :beerchug:

Thanks, I will have to keep an eye on that. Have had Chevys, FORDs and Dodges and FORD has always been good to me. Hard change though getting rid of my F-150 for the Edge. But with gas prices, this is the next best thing!!!

-J

• 2 weeks later...