Deciding which interior leather color on White Sand Limited

cmoses

I really like the White Sand Tri-coat and am now debating which color interior to go with and wanted to see what others on the board have chosen.

My dealer recently received a White Sand Limited with camel interior. I was originally thinking about going with the charcoal or med light stone, but have seen the camel and now it is a consideration too. The problem is that I can't actually see those interioirs in the White Sand so deciding has been difficult.

I thought charcoal initially because I liked the look of it, with the contrasting stitching, plus it ties in the black lower strip around the exterior of the Edge. I think it would also be least likely to show dirt. The only problem is that everything is black, so not a lot of contrast and everything runs together.

I also thought that the med light stone would be nice because it is closest to the color of the car and matches the door trim and headbaord. Although it is probably the most likely to show anything, dirt, scuff marks, etc.

I now have seen the camel and it looks nice as well. I like the black contrasting stitching that matches the dash and some of the trim and the camel matching the door inserts.

So if you have the white sand, please tell me which interior you went with and why as well as your likes and dislikes with your choice. If you don't have the white sand but have any comments on the different interiors and their pluses and minuses I would appreciate them as well.

Clayton

I debated this a lot with myself as I ordered a white sand tri coat. BEST thing I did was go to the dealer and see it and I did 1 thing that made up my mind right on the spot... I climbed in the back to lay down. sounds odd.. but right at that moment I saw just how bad the camel shows the slightest bit of dirt - and others comment about that fact here as well. I loved the 'idea' of camel as I thought it felt a bit more 'elegant' (to a degree), but seeing that.. my lifestyle would destroy the inside of that car (lots of bikes and beach gear and camping) and I looked around the ones on the lot, the floors were a mess as well as the space between where people put their feet as feet and objects slide across the interior. At that moment, I ordered the black. Personally, I have always felt the med light stone felt 'cheap' to me for some reason - so it was never an option. also, it seemed that much of the camel is actually charcoal black interior in places, so the more I looked at it, the more I started to like the cleaner charcoal black as it did not seem as disjointed.

did you see this: http://www.fordvehicles.com/crossovers/edge/gallery/colors/ - pretty cool tool

Edited by Lex Talionis

I really like the White Sand Tri-coat and am now debating which color interior to go with and wanted to see what others on the board have chosen.

My dealer recently received a White Sand Limited with camel interior. I was originally thinking about going with the charcoal or med light stone, but have seen the camel and now it is a consideration too. The problem is that I can't actually see those interioirs in the White Sand so deciding has been difficult.

I thought charcoal initially because I liked the look of it, with the contrasting stitching, plus it ties in the black lower strip around the exterior of the Edge. I think it would also be least likely to show dirt. The only problem is that everything is black, so not a lot of contrast and everything runs together.

I also thought that the med light stone would be nice because it is closest to the color of the car and matches the door trim and headbaord. Although it is probably the most likely to show anything, dirt, scuff marks, etc.

I now have seen the camel and it looks nice as well. I like the black contrasting stitching that matches the dash and some of the trim and the camel matching the door inserts.

So if you have the white sand, please tell me which interior you went with and why as well as your likes and dislikes with your choice. If you don't have the white sand but have any comments on the different interiors and their pluses and minuses I would appreciate them as well.

Clayton

My '08 is White Sand with the camel interior and I really like the contrast the black dash and trim gives it. Glare is non-existent. I put in a black Weathertech cargo protector so the entire cargo area is also black.

I debated this a lot with myself as I ordered a white sand tri coat. BEST thing I did was go to the dealer and see it and I did 1 thing that made up my mind right on the spot... I climbed in the back to lay down. sounds odd.. but right at that moment I saw just how bad the camel shows the slightest bit of dirt - and others comment about that fact here as well. I loved the 'idea' of camel as I thought it felt a bit more 'elegant' (to a degree), but seeing that.. my lifestyle would destroy the inside of that car (lots of bikes and beach gear and camping) and I looked around the ones on the lot, the floors were a mess as well as the space between where people put their feet as feet and objects slide across the interior. At that moment, I ordered the black. Personally, I have always felt the med light stone felt 'cheap' to me for some reason - so it was never an option. also, it seemed that much of the camel is actually charcoal black interior in places, so the more I looked at it, the more I started to like the cleaner charcoal black as it did not seem as disjointed.

did you see this: http://www.fordvehicles.com/crossovers/edge/gallery/colors/ - pretty cool tool

Lex,

Any chance of posting some pictures that show off both the White Sand and the Charcoal Interior. Outside looking in through open doors or rear hatches. I have seen some with the White and Camel, thanks kmhibbs and nppgirl. I think the Charcoal is the way I want to go, but there aren't any around to see the combination. All the White Sands seem to be Camel.

Clayton

Clayton

Check out my pics - I have the creme brulee with charcoal...

http://www.fordedgeforum.com/index.php?aut...um&album=26

I initially wanted the camel - but I wasn't crazy about the shade when I saw it.

I previously owned a red car with tan interior - that was stunning - and I kept it immaculately clean - when I sold it.. it still looked brand new.

I prefer the charcoal esp with the contract stitching and trims inside.

But its all about personal preferences.... good luck

We LOVE our charcoal interior! After my fiancee had bad luck with the tan interior on her Audi (getting dirty, transferring the dye's from jeans, and just showing wear easier) we chose charcoal. We've gotten so many compliments on how "rich" the interior looks for a Ford, with most following up that its a nice color combo. I think you'll be very happy if you choose charcoal. And if you match the window tint, it rounds out a nice sleek look.

14.jpg

16.jpg

22.jpg

Edited by Edgieguy

• 3 weeks later...

Go for the White Sand...looks awesome and I get so many compliments on it. I went with Camel LEather, looks awesome. I am afraid of dirt with the camel, but will be getting the good mats and all of that. The one thing I didnt like about the stone interior, was I think the steering wheel is light gray, which i didnt like. in the camel its all black with this awesome stitching! awesome car. go with the 18 inch chrome wheels, worth the extra money.