Motorazor Max Vee and Sync

I have a Verizon Motorazor Max Vee and everything seems to work properly except that when it reads the directory, it doesn't read the tags that identify the home or mobile number. I have the nav so I can browse the directory visually and all numbers have the generic phone icon, but according the manual I should get a different icons depending on the type of number. Unfortunately this means that it calls the first number listed and when I ask for "CALL <name> at HOME" it will say no home number listed.

I have already put in the Sync service pack and last night I went to the Verizon store and had the latest firmware loaded and still no dice.

I have a Verizon Motorazor Max Vee and everything seems to work properly except that when it reads the directory, it doesn't read the tags that identify the home or mobile number. I have the nav so I can browse the directory visually and all numbers have the generic phone icon, but according the manual I should get a different icons depending on the type of number. Unfortunately this means that it calls the first number listed and when I ask for "CALL at HOME" it will say no home number listed.

I have already put in the Sync service pack and last night I went to the Verizon store and had the latest firmware loaded and still no dice.

Make sure the tags are not in all caps - Sync interprets those as acronyms. Someone else had a similar problem but don't remember the solution (if there was one). Do a search.

Make sure the tags are not in all caps - Sync interprets those as acronyms. Someone else had a similar problem but don't remember the solution (if there was one). Do a search.

These are the tags defined by the phone. When you create a new entry there is the Name, Home, Mobile, Work etc. The phone automatically capitalizes names so there are all in mixed case.

I have a Razr V3xx with Cingular... same problem. Multiple contacts for same Person don't specify whether the number is home, mobile, work etc.

I also have a BlackBerry through my work. I have set it up with Sync. Same exact contact list (synced through DataPilot), when Synced with the Blackberry the contacts show multiple numbers for one contact properly ie. Home, Work, Mobile.

It sure seems like it is a problem with Sync reading the tags properly. I have yet to find a solution.

Ps. I have Nav.

Rayo

Edited by RayoVac