21 Summer Tires Option

Erik Hilliard

I've searched, but does anyone know the actual summer tire used? I have not seen one Edge in my area (NJ) with them actually optioned on. And looking at summer tire prices for 21" wheels, $995 is a freaking steal. And even though my area doesn't really require a winter wheel/tire setup, I like to go that route.

And for those who have stayed with the AS, have you liked the Pirelli's that are on? I have had Pirelli's on older Audis and have hated them. So it's a mild concern of mine to have a new vehicle with Pirellis. They do get good reviews on tirerack but curious what owners here feel.

I've searched, but does anyone know the actual summer tire used? I have not seen one Edge in my area (NJ) with them actually optioned on. And looking at summer tire prices for 21" wheels, $995 is a freaking steal. And even though my area doesn't really require a winter wheel/tire setup, I like to go that route.

And for those who have stayed with the AS, have you liked the Pirelli's that are on? I have had Pirelli's on older Audis and have hated them. So it's a mild concern of mine to have a new vehicle with Pirellis. They do get good reviews on tirerack but curious what owners here feel.

I went with the AS's on my 21's and they have been great. Granted I don't have the summer-only tires to compare against, but I always ran summer tires on my WRX I owned before the Edge and haven't noticed much difference in the 'spirited' corners I take on my commute (other than the obvious physical handling differences between an Edge and a WRX)

Noise level is low, dry and wet performance seem fine. We do get occasional snow around where I live, so we'll see how they do in the winter. If they perform well I would consider getting OEM replacements when the time comes. Normally tires are the first thing I look forward to upgrading, but so far these have been good.

If their winter performance isn't as good as hoped, will probably split off to a Summer + winter tire/wheel option.

-SJ

Optional summer tires are Pirelli P-Zero. Same model as the summer tires on Mustang GT's.