DAYTIME RUNNING LAMPS

yeah so this raises a question in my case is... to get the X Plan price I had to deal with and order via the Fleet department.. so does that mean mine would come with that fleet option turned on... or should I have been asked to have it turned on at the time I ordered from the fleet manager? I know I can still do it after.. but curious if dealing with fleet department, mine will come on.

Edited by Lex Talionis

yeah so this raises a question in my case is... to get the X Plan price I had to deal with and order via the Fleet department.. so does that mean mine would come with that fleet option turned on... or should I have been asked to have it turned on at the time I ordered from the fleet manager? I know I can still do it after.. but curious if dealing with fleet department, mine will come on.

Hey Lex. :D If you live in the US, they will not be turned on (unless you elected that option, which it seems you did not). If you live in Canada, by law they will.

You would need to check with your Salesperson as to whether it is even an available choice for "non-Fleet" buyers. You are technically not a "Fleet" purchaser...your Dealer for some reason just has X-Plan purchases go through the "Fleet" department.

Good luck! :beerchug:

Edited by bbf2530

No - you are not a Fleet. If you were a Fleet customer you would have a FIN (Fleet ID Number). The FIN would be required to order the DRL option. Without the FIN, you cannot get the option from the factory.

Many dealerships put the X-Plan customers with the fleet department as they treat the X-Plan deals as "Mini's" -( low commission )- and the fleet sales personnel are often compensated differently than floor sales personnel.

got it, thanks guys...

not sure why not standard now when it is on my 2000 VW - did safety research show it not really a safety advantage or something so some manufacturers made it an option instead of a standard feature? I thought it a pretty proven safety device to have them and so thought it odd they do not come standard with them turned on..

kind of interesting info/article I found: http://www.nordicgroup.us/drl/

Edited by Lex Talionis

got it, thanks guys...

not sure why not standard now when it is on my 2000 VW - did safety research show it not really a safety advantage or something so some manufacturers made it an option instead of a standard feature? I thought it a pretty proven safety device to have them and so thought it odd they do not come standard with them turned on..

kind of interesting info/article I found: http://www.nordicgroup.us/drl/

Search the Forum for other Daytime Running Light threads.

VERY easy for dealership to turn on for you (no more than a 15 minute job) by hooking up their computer and navigating a couple of menus.

If you have not already done so, make it a condition of your contract for same price.

When I picked up my car I asked the salesman if he could turn them on. He had no idea how and when I explained he gladly did so for free. He then had his done.

It took them less than 5 minutes. And, I had to explain to the tech how to do it. It took longer to get the computer than to turn them on.

Make it part of the sale.

Marv

• 3 weeks later...