Any online map services still work with Sync?

Picked up a 2015 Edge Sport with MFT a couple months ago, and despite all the bad press over the years am relatively satisfied with the MFT and Sync system.

One feature I liked was the ability to find locations on my home PC via mapquest and then send the directions to the Sync Services so I pull it up on the nav once in the car. Apparently this used to be available in Google maps, but that went away, and lately (last few weeks) mapquest is no longer working with Sync and gives me a "Could not connect to Ford Sync service" error when trying to send directions to my account. This used to work fine, so I don't think is user error on my end.

Do any of the regular online map sites still work with Sync?

- SJ

Picked up a 2015 Edge Sport with MFT a couple months ago, and despite all the bad press over the years am relatively satisfied with the MFT and Sync system.

One feature I liked was the ability to find locations on my home PC via mapquest and then send the directions to the Sync Services so I pull it up on the nav once in the car. Apparently this used to be available in Google maps, but that went away, and lately (last few weeks) mapquest is no longer working with Sync and gives me a "Could not connect to Ford Sync service" error when trying to send directions to my account. This used to work fine, so I don't think is user error on my end.

Do any of the regular online map sites still work with Sync?

- SJ

SJ,

MapQuest is still the site used for the Send to SYNC feature. An active subscription to SYNC Services is required. DM your mobile number; I can look it up.

Shaay

SJ,

MapQuest is still the site used for the Send to SYNC feature. An active subscription to SYNC Services is required. DM your mobile number; I can look it up.

Shaay

BUT the question I am sure many want to know:

was not if Mapquest is FORD's option ...it is & Google of past is not-but that Mapquest hasn't been working in past few weeks.

And lets be honest- Mapquest and send to sync has had MANY - I mean MANY times in past 5 years I have been around where Mapquest doesn't work.

So what is the deal with the latest reported issues in past month or so regarding users stating they are having trouble...

SJ,

Shaay

Yes, I have an active sync services account. The other features work fine (weather report, traffic, etc). PM'ed you the number.

Had just noticed the send to Sync no longer worked on Mapquest and was wondering if support for it had been dropped (or if there were other options)

My guess is the service is no longer available. The message from the Mapquest FAQ is to ask Ford about it:

We are aware of some ongoing issues with the Send to Ford SYNC feature on MapQuest.com and encourage you to double check with Ford Support at the link above if you experience any issues with your account when trying to use this feature.

Would be good to hear from somebody that it does work for so we can figure out if the service is dead, or just broken.

-SJ

another post

http://boards.synccommunity.com/discussions/Welcome_to_SYNC_Owner_to_Owner/Mobile_Phones/Map_Quest_Send_to_SYNC_Feature/fordsyncmb/10283.1?nav=messages

Again- Would be helpful for Ford to chime for those that STILL try to use that Sync Services FEE based service... at the insane $199/year for Lincoln owners- I gave Ford the big salute long time ago

waze, google maps,apple maps.... are the way to go and you get Free traffic

• Like 1