How to replace a headlight on a 2013 model?

I dont know if it was dumb luck or what, but im trying to remove this light bulb for a return but the blasted thing wont move. I have it in the fully unlocked position, it wont turn counter clockwise any farther, yet there is still zero give to it. Almost like there is another lock or clamp in the way.

The space or lack there of doesn't help, hurting my hands in every single possible way.

Whats the easiest way to remove the headlight on a 2013 Edge (driver side) but im looking at the passenger side and there is also next to nothing for space as well.

If you are having a lot of trouble, it might be best to remove the headlight unit completely. I have done this a few times. It takes more time, but is much easier to install HID kits/replace bulbs. I would say it will add about an hour to remove and re-install the bumper and lights. I would only do this if you absolutely cannot remove your bulbs.

http://www.fordedgeforum.com/topic/12812-how-to-remove-headlights;-2011-models/?p=99347

Here is the video on how to remove the bumper if you have never done it before:

Good luck!

• Like 1