2014 Edge SEL Sub Install?

Hi All,

I'm looking for some info as to installing a aftermarket sub in the stock sub location. As you see (random photo) the cubby on the right is where the stock sub should be but because it is an SEL it did not come with one.

55df8c2ae2faf668480804f4.jpg

I have looked at other forums with no answers and searched Ford parts online for and exploded view. I could get every piece separate and do the install myself or I can custom make something with this forums help! I do have some experience with car audio and installing subs/amps/rca converters/etc.

I'm thinking of using the existing space to mount a nice 8" or 10" and fabricating some sort of face place for it. I would run the wiring then seal the inside of the box. However, I am not familiar with the Edge as I just recently purchased one. I am looking for wiring diagrams and any pictures of the removed trim pieces.

My idea is that I would use the RCA Converter as you normally would and find a nice ignition wire to have the AMP turn on hooked up. Then run power and ground wires like usual. I'm not in high school anymore so I'm not looking for 500W RMS sound. Perhaps 150-300RMS.

If anyone can provide suggestions that would be much appreciated. I did look at the JL audio enclosed boxes already and its not my style. I like to create something unique.

Thanks!

I'm not sure how the stock sub handles vibration. Did it stabilize that cubby panel? I mean you could just cut the cubby out and I've seen someone who made a custom sub enclosure that fit back there but I hate when the sub makes something rattle. I was looking to do the same, but it will be a big project to custom fab it. I currently have a 10" memphis sub and memphis box that does not take up much room. I think its only 5" thick and not long enough to mount 2 10's in it. I don't care about huge bass I just like to have a proper low end and be able to turn the high pass filter on for my door speakers so they don't work too hard and rattle. Iv'e only test fit and wired the sub in this vehicle so far to make sure its ready so I can't take a pick yet. I only get an hour or 2 of time to work on it in one sitting.

Edited by Atreies

The cleanest install would be to find a used factory subwoofer enclosure and then buy the factory interior panel and wire up your own amp, maybe open up the hole for a tw3 10 jl thin sub. In the end anything else won't look good if you want a stock look. I've seen the used enclosure's on ebay a few times. I love the system in my 2013 sport. It's not the loudest but it sounds really good at moderate levels.

In my 2000 xtreme I have the tw3 power wedge on a jl slash 500 and it's really really good for a tiny little box. It would be perfect in the edge but that's a $1000 setup and a still a box.