2 day old MKX in Shop

I purchased an 08 MKX on Saturday. The salesman showed me how the sync works and linked up my phone. I get the car home and the voice command doesn't work. You push the voice button and you get dead air. No beep, voice, nothing. It worked at the dealer!

I go to the dealer this AM to give them my PIN for the X plan deal we made on the car. I ask the salesman to show me how to work the SYNC and he say's that there must be something wrong. We take it into service and they say you have to leave it. I got a loaner for the repair.

The service guy asked if there is anything else wrong with the SYNC and I tell him that I haven't had it long enough to know.

I'll keep ya posted.

I purchased an 08 MKX on Saturday. The salesman showed me how the sync works and linked up my phone. I get the car home and the voice command doesn't work. You push the voice button and you get dead air. No beep, voice, nothing. It worked at the dealer!

I go to the dealer this AM to give them my PIN for the X plan deal we made on the car. I ask the salesman to show me how to work the SYNC and he say's that there must be something wrong. We take it into service and they say you have to leave it. I got a loaner for the repair.

The service guy asked if there is anything else wrong with the SYNC and I tell him that I haven't had it long enough to know.

I'll keep ya posted.

Update.... I got a call from the salesman a few minutes ago and was told that the service department is working on it. It seems there IS a problem but they don't know what it is yet. He said I probably won't get it back tomorrow either.

Bummer and sure doesn't give you a warm fuzzy feeling about the car. Hopefully this is an isolated incident for you.

What did they give you for a loaner? I hope it was something decent.

Glad to see the salesrep is getting involved to try and make things as smooth as possible. Hopefully he realizes any chance of repeat business is riding on how they handle this problem.

One of my coworkers had his heated seat die on him two days after delivery. He hasn't taken it in yet and will likely wait until he takes it for the scheduled service. He is less than impressed but these things can happen to even the best vehicle.

Good luck with the repairs.

Bummer and sure doesn't give you a warm fuzzy feeling about the car. Hopefully this is an isolated incident for you.

What did they give you for a loaner? I hope it was something decent.

Glad to see the salesrep is getting involved to try and make things as smooth as possible. Hopefully he realizes any chance of repeat business is riding on how they handle this problem.

One of my coworkers had his heated seat die on him two days after delivery. He hasn't taken it in yet and will likely wait until he takes it for the scheduled service. He is less than impressed but these things can happen to even the best vehicle.

Good luck with the repairs.

It seems it's the SYNC module. They are on backorer. The manager told me that there are about 250 on back order. I do have a loaner. It a Grand Marquis. I don't like it at all. But it get's me where I'm going. I was told yesterday that it may be 2 day's or 2 weeks. I'm leaving the car at the dealer. The Florida lemon law say's that after a car is out of service for 15 days it's a lemon. So far I'm at 4 with 11 to go.

The dealer had to call Ford to get special authorization to replace the module. They are backorderd from Microsoft. Before they authorize the module to be replaced the technician has to verify that a bunch of test steps were performed. I guess only time will tell.

I'll keep you updated.

It seems it's the SYNC module. They are on backorer. The manager told me that there are about 250 on back order. I do have a loaner. It a Grand Marquis. I don't like it at all. But it get's me where I'm going. I was told yesterday that it may be 2 day's or 2 weeks. I'm leaving the car at the dealer. The Florida lemon law say's that after a car is out of service for 15 days it's a lemon. So far I'm at 4 with 11 to go.

The dealer had to call Ford to get special authorization to replace the module. They are backorderd from Microsoft. Before they authorize the module to be replaced the technician has to verify that a bunch of test steps were performed. I guess only time will tell.

I'll keep you updated.

Hi katiesdaddy. :D Just as an FYI, so you don't wind up in an un-winnable argument if your MKX part does not come in for another 12 days. Your car would only possibly qualify for a lemon law buy back if they absolutely could not fix the "SYNC" problem after multiple tries.

Your MKX is not "Out of Service". "Out of Service" means not drivable at all, or not drivable in a safe manner. You have chosen to leave your vehicle there while the part is on back order. You could just as easily be driving it until the module arrives.

In fact, if I were you I would drive my MKX, instead of leaving it in the Dealership lot (even more so since you don't like the loaner). Either way, I respect your right to do as you like.

I am only trying to help, as I just do not want you to look silly while insisting that they have to buy back your MKX because it took three weeks to get the "SYNC" module in.

Hope they repair it soon.

Good luck! :beerchug:

Edited by bbf2530

Hi katiesdaddy. :D Just as an FYI, so you don't wind up in an un-winnable argument if your MKX part does not come in for another 12 days. Your car would only possibly qualify for a lemon law buy back if they absolutely could not fix the "SYNC" problem after multiple tries.

Your MKX is not "Out of Service". "Out of Service" means not drivable at all, or not drivable in a safe manner. You have chosen to leave your vehicle there while the part is on back order. You could just as easily be driving it until the module arrives.

In fact, if I were you I would drive my MKX, instead of leaving it in the Dealership lot (even more so since you don't like the loaner). Either way, I respect your right to do as you like.

I am only trying to help, as I just do not want you to look silly while insisting that they have to buy back your MKX because it took three weeks to get the "SYNC" module in.

Hope they repair it soon.

Good luck! :beerchug:

Good news. I got the car back today. The module was not bad. They told me that they took my module out and put it in another vehicle. It worked in the other vehicle. They then put it back in mine and it started working. Go figure. THis is the first time I got to play with the system and I LOVE IT.

Get this. I got a call from them yesterday to come pick up the vehicle because it was OK to drivel (just like you said) I pull in, drop off the old peoples car, go to the cashier and find that it's not ready. The service manager comes out and say's that ford called him and he needs to take some additional measurements with a USB cord that they won't have until tomorrow (today). Now I'm getting a little mad because I had just spoke to them and they told me to come and get the vehicle.

So I left the vehicle and good thing is they got it working. What fixed it? They have no idea and neither do I. it's just nice to have my NEW vehicle back. It still smells new.

I see that there is an optional radio you can get with 14 speakers! Where the heck do you stuff 14 speakers at in the car. Since I am half deaf anyway the standard system sounds just fine to me.

f

I'm keeping my fingers crossed. :-)

Good news. I got the car back today. The module was not bad. They told me that they took my module out and put it in another vehicle. It worked in the other vehicle. They then put it back in mine and it started working. Go figure. THis is the first time I got to play with the system and I LOVE IT.

Get this. I got a call from them yesterday to come pick up the vehicle because it was OK to drivel (just like you said) I pull in, drop off the old peoples car, go to the cashier and find that it's not ready. The service manager comes out and say's that ford called him and he needs to take some additional measurements with a USB cord that they won't have until tomorrow (today). Now I'm getting a little mad because I had just spoke to them and they told me to come and get the vehicle.

So I left the vehicle and good thing is they got it working. What fixed it? They have no idea and neither do I. it's just nice to have my NEW vehicle back. It still smells new.

I see that there is an optional radio you can get with 14 speakers! Where the heck do you stuff 14 speakers at in the car. Since I am half deaf anyway the standard system sounds just fine to me.

f

I'm keeping my fingers crossed. :-)

Hi katiesdady. :D Glad to hear they repaired it for you.

As to what the problem was, who knows? Maybe there was a loose connector/plug/wire that was corrected when they took out the module and then re-installed it? Just a guess.

Anyway, good luck! :beerchug:

Edited by bbf2530