Missing Active Grille Shutters.

lskarha

They should have mounted the shutters in FRONT of the grill so the airflow flowed smoothly, LAMINAR AIRFLOW, up over the grill, hood, windshield, roof, rear top spoiler, etc.

LOL, LOL, LOL, a lot. I'm sorry, but I am picturing grill shutters in FRONT of the grill. Or maybe Ford could supply a roll of duct tape with each Edge purchased? We could do-it-yourself streamlining. :whistling:

BTW, these are not Formula 1 cars now, are they?

Sigh.

Passenger vehicles
The goal of many spoilers used in passenger vehicles is to reduce drag and increase fuel efficiency.[3]Passenger vehicles can be equipped with front and rear spoilers. Front spoilers, found beneath the bumper, are mainly used to decrease the amount of air going underneath the vehicle to reduce the drag coefficient and lift.

air dam
n.
A metal or plastic barrier extending down from the front bumper of a motor vehicle and intended to enhance aerodynamics and stability by blocking the flow of turbulent air under the chassis.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2011 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.

I thought this stuff was common knowledge. Obviously I am mistaken in thinking that.

Edited by All Hat No Cattle