Vehicle buyback/replacement

I bought pre-owned 2011 Ford edge sport and right away noticed a steering issue with the car that 2 dealerships could not fix. The first dealership (selling dealership) tried a few things but in the end told me it was normal and did not confirm the issue. The second dealership confirmed the issue and also confirmed they could not fix it.

The thread of the technical posts is below.

http://www.fordedgeforum.com/topic/18434-abnormal-steering-on-the-37-sport/

My case with Ford customer care and they will be reviewing if the car is eligible for buyback or replacement. Aside from Lemon laws of CA, does anyone have any experience they can share with me about how this process works?

I bought pre-owned 2011 Ford edge sport and right away noticed a steering issue with the car that 2 dealerships could not fix. The first dealership (selling dealership) tried a few things but in the end told me it was normal and did not confirm the issue. The second dealership confirmed the issue and also confirmed they could not fix it.

The thread of the technical posts is below.

http://www.fordedgeforum.com/topic/18434-abnormal-steering-on-the-37-sport/

My case with Ford customer care and they will be reviewing if the car is eligible for buyback or replacement. Aside from Lemon laws of CA, does anyone have any experience they can share with me about how this process works?

Hey mcali6301,

Your case has been escalated to our highest point of contact. I can document any extra information in your case, if you'd like. To do so, please send over a PM with the case number, or your VIN and phone number.

Mariel

• Like 1

I received the PM and realize that there is nothing you can do about my case (big surprise)...

Just wanted to share my horrible experience with Ford CRC...

The regional manager at Ford Customer care calls me and says that his "engineer" recommends that I bring the car into MOSSY FORD for a second opinion. This is the same dealer that sold me the car and told me that my issue was normal (Kearny Pearson Ford confirmed my issue and escalated it to the field service engineer who also confirmed something wrong). I told the guy absolutely NOT, why the heck would I bring the car there again, especially when a better dealership confirmed my issue a dealership who WAS the second opinion.

He places me on hold, comes back and tells me that his "engineer" said that the issue is normal. EVEN though KP Ford and the San Diego area field engineer confirmed an issue....Needless to say I was pissed off and asked to speak to his boss but it was a dead issue. Basically everything KP Ford said meant nothing to them. I hung up on him after nicely yelling about how stupid that assessment was and how they bullshitted me throughout the whole process pretty much, no apology, he just repeated the same thing like robot which made me more irate....

I still love the car and Kearny Pearson Ford but Ford CRC is complete BS!

I received the PM and realize that there is nothing you can do about my case (big surprise)...

Just wanted to share my horrible experience with Ford CRC...

Hello mcali6301,

Thank you for providing Ford Motor Company with your comments, as it helps us improve our customer experience. Your feedback has been documented.

Report them in a survey, I gave a dealer a bad review because they gave me a rental bone dry and I barely made to the gas station. Then they call me wanting to reimburse me. I told them to FO

ponder3,

Is everything okay with your vehicle? If not, please provide me with your VIN and mileage. I’ll be happy to take a look!

Tricia

Edited by FordService