Speed sensor defective

JLK

My 2008 Edge has only 3814 miles and the dealer says that the speed sensor is defective and the car is not safe to drive. The replacement speed sensor kit is on nationwide back order with a delivery date of 24 Feb. The car will be down for a month! Has anyone had the same problem and/or received the same information? Was this problem also on the 2007 models?

My 2008 Edge has only 3814 miles and the dealer says that the speed sensor is defective and the car is not safe to drive. The replacement speed sensor kit is on nationwide back order with a delivery date of 24 Feb. The car will be down for a month! Has anyone had the same problem and/or received the same information? Was this problem also on the 2007 models?

Hi JLK. :D This is not a year specific, or widespread problem.

The best way I can explain it is this: Sometimes things break. You just happened to be one of the unlucky people that had a speed sensor break. Some people sometimes have other parts break. Some people have nothing break.

I hope your parts arrive soon.

Good luck! :beerchug:

Don't know where you are located, but here in Sunnyvale Calif. the part arrived in 3 days duing the Holiday's.. Good luck waiting..

Cut & Paste from the Engie, powertrain & tranny...

Service lights on (wrench & engine lights on) by johnnyholliste Dec 28, 2007 (8:40 am)

Total Posts: 17

Aug 24, 2007

after 5700 miles & 120 days of loving my Edge, I got a malfunction, I was at a stop light & light turned green, & gave it gas, I loss power & engine/tranny wined.. I got it up to 30 miles per hour & it seemed ok but every time I started from a stop it did the same thing, like low gear was not engaged & went to 3rd or so it was ok.. I was in San Francisco for Xmas & the weekend before I was in Lake Tahoe enjoying the snow, all with no problems, anyway I was only 5miles away from the Ford Dealership, so I drop it off.. They gave me a Rental of course & would call me today.. Lets see how Ford handles it.. Anybody with this experience or inputs, come on in...My rental is a PT Cruiser, what a piece of crap...

Replies to this message:

johnnyholliste (Jan 01, 2008 8:58 am)

#2 of 5 Re: Service lights on (wrench & engine lights on) [johnnyholliste] by johnnyholliste Jan 01, 2008 (8:58 am)

Total Posts: 17

Aug 24, 2007

Replying to: johnnyholliste (Dec 28, 2007 8:40 am)

Things do Malfunction, especially with all the Electronics today, I just got my Edge back from the dealership, they replaced Trans Speed Sensor & Turbine Sensors (All under Warranty), dropped it off on 27th 3pm & really thought it would not be ready till new year with holidays & UPS Delivery backup, (Friday, Saturaday & Monday= they received the parts & 1/2 day to install them), Got my Edge on New years Eve 5PM. Love my Edge, I guess the sensors would fall under power train warranty..Experience with the Dealership was very Positive & will rate them High.. Happy New Year..

P.S. I confirmed that this would fall under power train Warranty 5yrs & 60K miles..

Anybody have this problem?????

Edited by Johnnyhollister