Chrome Clad Wheels

JRPhase

I read about them before I went to the dealership and saw them. I thought I was going to hate them, but when I saw them in person, I liked them because you can't tell that they are "clad". They should make it easier for me to clean my wife's wheels.

until you grind one down on the curb :)

but I am not sure how they are easier to clean? a rim is a rim.. whether it be made in steel, aluminum or clad plastic, not sure how I follow how it would be easier to clean as you are still just cleaning a rim?

until you grind one down on the curb :)

but I am not sure how they are easier to clean? a rim is a rim.. whether it be made in steel, aluminum or clad plastic, not sure how I follow how it would be easier to clean as you are still just cleaning a rim?

yeah, and nothing beats actually paying an extra $750 for those plastic crap "clad" wheels ;)

note to FORD: when you build & sell a car upwards of $30k "aka SEL Plus" (wheels do matter!)

I laughed at the sales manager ...when he tried to sell me the car on the lot w/ those plastic wheels and expected me to pay an additional $750 for them (LOL!)

yeah, and nothing beats actually paying an extra $750 for those plastic crap "clad" wheels ;)

note to FORD: when you build & sell a car upwards of $30k "aka SEL Plus" (wheels do matter!)

I laughed at the sales manager ...when he tried to sell me the car on the lot w/ those plastic wheels and expected me to pay an additional $750 for them (LOL!)

I own several "real" Chrome wheels and you cant tell the MKX wheels are "Clad" until you touch them. If they are plastic they probably wont rust where real chrome wheels are a major problem in areas where they put down salt. Like here in Maryland. Also 750 is cheap ! Real chrome 20" wheels would cost much more. JR

• 2 months later...

the wheels are one more disappointment. (MKX monochrome LTD edition with 20's)

it was simply to save money, wait till the rust stains from your brake rotors STAIN the chrome plastic and it cannot be removed. dealer is going to end up replacing A LOT of these, going to add break dust covers it will help about 85%