Vista Roof issues not covered by extended warranty?

I was wondering - how is it with your dealers? The dealer in Bahrain (tiny country in the Gulf), just refused to fix my broken roof... I opened it and it did not close anymore. They showed me some diagrams and that the tiny plastic part of the rail needs to be changed, but it costs USD 2500 to replace the whole roof assembly with curtains and stuff... Eventually they closed the roof using some extra force. I got back home... now studying extended warranty details - no word about roof.

...seriously, Ford? 2013 Owner, 72 000 km... Happy ever since... extended warranty ends in 2018, at 80 000 / 120 000 km...

post-28725-0-44990700-1449414118_thumb.jpg

Have you tried cleaning the tracks and lubricating . Then re initialize... Mine did the same thing but luckily I got it shut.. Did research and figured it is worth a try to clean and lubricate... Ford dealer actually gave me a can of the stuff they use for free.. They probably felt sorry for me. Lol. Anyway... It works again.