Fortin Evo - Remote Start

Has anyone installed one of these units on a Ford Edge? https://fortin.ca/ I am only going to use it for the remote start feature. I found it while looking online to add remote start to my wife's car using the factory key fob. It seemed simple enough but it just arrived today and I am over my head I think. Yes the T harness part looks easy but nowhere does the guy show where these other random wires go coming off the harness. They are just bundled up but clearly some are hooked up. He then mentions tapping into the Can H and Can L but then the video just skips over that. HELP :headscratch: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3csMxsq-S0

I contacted them and they were sorta helpful. He said I need to tap into the driver door pin wire- but the diagram shows to cut this wire. He said to also connect the rest of the wires on the T harness to the 20 pin wires. I also re flashed the unit to the most recent update but not its asking if the Edge comes with a factory alarm?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

So I ended up sending the evo back after having no luck getting it to program myself. I also had a locksmith make a new key directly from the car with their laptop as tech support said maybe both my keys were identical copies of each other. Still didnt work.........FF to a few weeks ago when I brought my car to a custom car install shop. He installed a "unknown unit" in the car, and he cannot get his unit to program. As soon as he installs the 2nd key the unit acts like there is no new key in the ignition and wont program. I left totally pissed off.....I began calling Ford dealers around the area and 2 had no clue what I was talking about and said there is nothing to "unlock" in the computer system in the car. The other dealer wanted $250 to hook up but claimed he really didnt know he could unlock anything as far as key programming. In my last effort, I asked my friend who works for Honda if he had any contacts to a Ford dealer. He called around and he basically got the same info- there is nothing to "unlock in the ford system" and they never encountered this issue before. Help before I pull all my hair out !!!!