Little on Edge- door dings

thehume

Picked up my new Edge on Saturday. The dealership came through for me - four week delivery!! I'm sure it helps that the dealership is only 10 minutes away from the Ford plant where the Edge is built (saw a Ford Flex in the factory administration parking lot on the way to the dealership). Back to the Edge - I think I'm in love.

I do have one concern that has got me a little on Edge lately. I'm concerned about the potential for door dings on my Edge. Before I purchased, I would examine the Edge on dealership lots and I convinced myself that the door molding near the bottom of the door (all in black) would provide the ding protection on the doors. However, after parking my Edge in the garage, it became clear that the doors on my wife's car are perfectly positioned to ding away at will.

What has been the experience of other owners who have had their Edge's for awhile now? Has anyone purchased after market door moldings/guards? If so, any suggestions?

Not sure if you may also be referring to door mouldings that protect the vertical outer edge of the door skin when opened, but if you mean to include the horizontal ones that are applied across the middle of the door, they were one of the first mods I did to my '08 Edge. I ordered mine in the matching Redfire paint from Sportwing (http://www.sportwing.com/catalog/displaycat.pcgi?fm_catid=22&fm_subcatid=103#). Excellent product at a good price, along with fantastic service. The mouldings come with 'no brainer' instructions, are easy to install, and look great. Mine were looking good in less than 20 minutes after opening the box. Comes with everything you need except a tape measure and some masking tape. Highly recommended... pic in my photo album '08GMansEdge' here in the forum.

Good luck! :)

Picked up my new Edge on Saturday. The dealership came through for me - four week delivery!! I'm sure it helps that the dealership is only 10 minutes away from the Ford plant where the Edge is built (saw a Ford Flex in the factory administration parking lot on the way to the dealership). Back to the Edge - I think I'm in love.

I do have one concern that has got me a little on Edge lately. I'm concerned about the potential for door dings on my Edge. Before I purchased, I would examine the Edge on dealership lots and I convinced myself that the door molding near the bottom of the door (all in black) would provide the ding protection on the doors. However, after parking my Edge in the garage, it became clear that the doors on my wife's car are perfectly positioned to ding away at will.

What has been the experience of other owners who have had their Edge's for awhile now? Has anyone purchased after market door moldings/guards? If so, any suggestions?

Thanks for the info.

Edited by thehume

Not sure if you may also be referring to door mouldings that protect the vertical outer edge of the door skin when opened, but if you mean to include the horizontal ones that are applied across the middle of the door, they were one of the first mods I did to my '08 Edge. I ordered mine in the matching Redfire paint from Sportwing (http://www.sportwing.com/catalog/displaycat.pcgi?fm_catid=22&fm_subcatid=103#). Excellent product at a good price, along with fantastic service. The mouldings come with 'no brainer' instructions, are easy to install, and look great. Mine were looking good in less than 20 minutes after opening the box. Comes with everything you need except a tape measure and some masking tape. Highly recommended... pic in my photo album '08GMansEdge' here in the forum.

Good luck! :)

Thank you.