New 2015 Edge SE FWD

Ronald S Katz

My company car, a 2012 Ford Focus (that I Really liked) was replaced with a base Edge SE FWD Saturday. I really liked the size and nimbleness of the Focus. Is never really gave me any trouble. It had 160k miles when removed from service. The only options on the Edge are the roof rails and all weather floor mats. After about 100 miles of driving the Edge, it is beginning to grow on me. Paddle shifters on a SUV? Odd, but fun. the Ecoboost 4 cylinder moves the Edge pretty good. The features are very similar to what the Focus had. So, everything but size remains kind of the same. It does not have the nimbleness of the Focus but that is to be expected, going to a 4000lb SUV. For the size and height it does handle pretty well. The base sync is a bit more touchy than the Focus. But, I like that you can press and hold the speak button for 3 seconds and Apple phone Siri will then be communicating with you. Nice feature for the baseSync system. I never checked to see if that was added in the last Sync update for the Focus before it was traded.

I drive a lot of miles. 40-50k/year. So, any issues will be posted.