'10 Edge Sport lower bumper repair and bars

lpuboy87

Hows it going everyone, Last week my Edge Sport got rear ended on the highway and the other car had a tow hook that put a hole into the lower part of my rear bumper. The other driver is paying for the repairs, I just want to confirm the part that im looking at swapping out. I posted a link below and picture of where the damage was done. If someone can confirm thats the correct part and # or can point me to a site where I can get a list of all part #'s that would be great!!! Also, to prevent such damage or scratches, I was looking at putting the metal bar in the front and back. I seen on a few sites that the bar for the SE or SEL dosnt fit the Sport model, Can anyone confirm this? is there something different between the Sport and SEL models? I provided a link below to show what im looking at. Any help is appreciated!!!! Thanks!!!

Rear Bumper Cover:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/161849982926?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Metal Push bars:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/181969075319?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

http://www.ebay.com/itm/161925426589?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

2016_01_03_18_17_19.jpg

Hadn't considered that, I can see your point. Reminded me of when I was on a business trip around the city years ago. Was on the freeway headed to LaGuardia. Traffic running 90+mph, bumper-to-bumper. The guy in back of me was bumping into my rear end, I was bumping into the car in front of me. Worst place to drive anywhere in North America. If it hadn't been a Avis would gave wanted bigger bumpers. Still doesn't look good though.

• Like 1

Hadn't considered that, I can see your point. Reminded me of when I was on a business trip around the city years ago. Was on the freeway headed to LaGuardia. Traffic running 90+mph, bumper-to-bumper. The guy in back of me was bumping into my rear end, I was bumping into the car in front of me. Worst place to drive anywhere in North America. If it hadn't been a Avis would gave wanted bigger bumpers. Still doesn't look good though.

and thats exactly the area i live in, Queens haha So, imagine dealing with that almost everyday. If i lived elsewhere, then id have no reason for the bumper bars but as you experienced what i go through DAILY, it just seems a better idea for my situation.

Edited by lpuboy87