Aftermarket BT with Sync Mirror

Why do I feel like I am going into uncharted territory?

I have started down the path of doing this myself, so please let me know if you find something. My case is a little different, since I already have a third party microphone hanging from the A-pillar, thanks to my own stupidity in letting a dealer sell me something they knew pretty much zip about. I have an AVIC-Z2 installed, and will be looking to splice into the factory wiring for the microphone in the mirror to replace the extremely ugly one they gave me. Not much progress on it yet, but will post when I get somewhere.

I have started down the path of doing this myself, so please let me know if you find something. My case is a little different, since I already have a third party microphone hanging from the A-pillar, thanks to my own stupidity in letting a dealer sell me something they knew pretty much zip about. I have an AVIC-Z2 installed, and will be looking to splice into the factory wiring for the microphone in the mirror to replace the extremely ugly one they gave me. Not much progress on it yet, but will post when I get somewhere.

ks: We will definitely be sharing notes. I have already started figuring out the wiring for that mirror in comparison to the mirror that is already in our SE. The difference I have seen (felt) is the third wire which is thicker than the others. That third wire is the wire for the BT mic. Comparing it with the Parrot that comes with the Eclispe, the wire feels like the same thickness. Additionally, there is a fourth wire. However, I wonder where that wire actually goes once it gets into the headliner. This is where a wiring diagram would come in VERY handy.

I am looking at installing an Eclipse AVN-6620 in our Edge and it has the Parrot Bluetooth with it. I want to take the Parrot Bluetooth and splice it with the Sync Mirror.

Which is the thick one and which is the thin one?

I don't have any idea. I have an 07 so i don't have sync. I"m just going by the colors in the wiring diagram. Sorry.

I do know that the wires are shielded also. other than that i don't know any other info.

Edited by druck52

I got a close look at an Edge with Sync and the mirror. There are around 6 smaller wires. I need to see a wiring diagram to see where each of these wires leads and what they go to.

I also got a quote on the mirror itself and they said $450. Worse yet, they said it may not be released until June/July (May scheduled date).