Seat belt problem

Iowacat

The seat belt on the front passenger seat of our 2008 Edge Limited keeps locking up. Our dealer has replaced the belt mechanism twice but it still locks up. The dealer is now contacting Ford for advice. They seem stymied about what is causing the problem. Anyone else having this problem? Have you had any luck resolving it?

No offense, but are you perhaps somewhat large of stature? I'm 6'3", and significantly overweight, if not quite obese. I find that if I pull the seatbelt out just a bit too far when buckling it, it pulls past the point where the mechanism is *supposed* to lock, causing me to have to allow it to fully retract and buckle it over again (more carefully) if I want to be able to move around at all with the seatbelt on.

Just an idea...

Joe

Even though I don't fit the slim and trim category, that doesn't seem to be the problem. We've even tried the belt with nobody in the seat and it still locks up. The service team at the dealer have all tried it out and have the same results. The last one they installed works part of the time but more often than not it locks up too. Hope they can get it figured out.