Wheel rash

Hi all

I did do a search so I apologize if I missed it.

Here is the issue, Back in November I purchased a 2015 Edge Sport with the 21" wheels. Well, by my topic title you can guess what happened.

Well, she was picking my daughter up at the airport and decided that she liked curbs quite a bit more than the road. Now the wheel has a scuff mark on it. What I found interesting is the color under the coating of the rim is a creamy color. So, my question I find myself asking, has anyone been able to repair a wheel with scuffs or is it a lost cause and needs replacement?

Thanks for the input

Added pic of war wound.

IMG_2784_zpsbobl8cko.jpg

Edited by stever40

I'll update you in a few days. I had a minor boo-boo in a roundabout last week (city bus cut me off, I hit the brakes, slid and tapped a curb). The damage to mine isn't very noticeable at all (1 inch or so), but I'm going to wet sand the scuff with some very fine grit sandpaper and then will apply some touch-up paint I purchased that hopefully is a close match. It's designed for Dodge Challenger/Charger matte black wheels. It's tricky because our black wheels aren't pure black, they have some gray to them.

Link:

https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/321911088505

• Like 2

I'll update you in a few days. I had a minor boo-boo in a roundabout last week (city bus cut me off, I hit the brakes, slid and tapped a curb). The damage to mine isn't very noticeable at all (1 inch or so), but I'm going to wet sand the scuff with some very fine grit sandpaper and then will apply some touch-up paint I purchased that hopefully is a close match. It's designed for Dodge Challenger/Charger matte black wheels. It's tricky because our black wheels aren't pure black, they have some gray to them.

Link:

https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/321911088505

Thank you! I wait to see how it turned out before rubbing. In the mean time I will grab a picture and post it up. Thanks

Update: OP, I don't have pictures (sorry), but the paint I ordered was a pretty decent match. A bit too dark, but what I did was apply the paint with the included brush, then dabbed the excess off with a rag. Repeated this process for a few coats. Now the mark isn't noticeable at all unless you're really looking for it. I'm very happy with the result. I've already forgotten it's there.

Yours could be a little bit more tricky given it's not a rash right on the edge of the rim like mine was, but take your time and it'll look a lot better.