How to remove Armour All protectant

Just took delivery of my 2008 Ford Edge Limited AWD yesterday. My dealer coated the entire interior in Armour All protectant, it looks awful and everything is slippery. When I say they coated everything, I mean everything, seats, door panels, steering wheel (!!!), cargo panels, dash, everywhere. Even hard plastic trim that isn't suppose to be coated! Passengers slide in their seat when I drive!

They even coated the non-slip rubber mats in the center console and above the radio, effectively making those slippery. Argh!

It's awful. Got out of the car yesterday and felt greasy. Does anyone know how I can "wear off" the Armour All more quickly than just waiting for nature to take it's course?

Paul

Edited by paulmon

Just took delivery of my 2008 Ford Edge Limited AWD yesterday. My dealer coated the entire interior in Armour All protectant, it looks awful and everything is slippery. When I say they coated everything, I mean everything, seats, door panels, steering wheel (!!!), cargo panels, dash, everywhere. Even hard plastic trim that isn't suppose to be coated! Passengers slide in their seat when I drive!

They even coated the non-slip rubber mats in the center console and above the radio, effectively making those slippery. Argh!

It's awful. Got out of the car yesterday and felt greasy. Does anyone know how I can "wear off" the Armour All more quickly than just waiting for nature to take it's course?

Paul

Hi Paul. :D If you look in the Index of your Owners Manual, under "Cleaning", it will give you some guidelines to follow for different surfaces and materials in/on your vehicle.

For example, for the interior (non-glass) plastic and vinyl in the interior it recommends the following:

• Clean the interior trim areas with a damp cloth, then with a clean, dry

cloth; you may also use Motorcraft Dash & Vinyl Cleaner (ZC-38-A).

• Do not use household or glass cleaners as these may damage the

finish.

I would recommend a good low gloss/no gloss vinyl, rubber and plastic cleaner from a company like Meguiar's or Mother's to get the Armor-All off of the dash, door panels etc. Then wipe with a wet cloth and follow up with a dry cloth (microfiber or 100% Cotton to avoid scratching), as the Manual directions say.

Do you have the leather seats? If you do, get a good quality leather cleaner/conditioner from Meguiar's or Mother's and clean them down well with the leather cleaner and conditioner. Assuming you have the leather wrapped steering wheel, do the same for that.

I hope it was not Armor-All that the Dealer prep guy put on your leather seats and leather wheel wrap. Silicone based products should not be used on leather.

Of course, there are other good brands of car cleaning products, I just happen to favor Meguiar's first, then Mother's.

Good luck! :beerchug:

Edited by bbf2530