LED Lights in front bumper

I had a 2011 Ford Escape (prior to my new Edge) that did not have Daytime Running Lights... so I found a kit made for Mustangs that worked very well on the Escape, using the park/turn signal lamps as running lights!

The only problem is that it was made for the older-style incandescent bulbs, not the newer LED's. Perhaps an internet search for "LED Running Light Module" might turn-up something that could work for you?

The trim lights in the bumper are nowhere near bright enough to provide any useful function as DRLs. However, making them function similarly to real DRLs is quite simple. All you need to do is cut the power wire (yellow/blue) and patch it to an ignition controlled source. There are a couple of ignition switched fuses in the under-hood fuse box that can be tapped into. Make sure you fuse your new wiring separately - no more than 5 amps total for both sides.

The aftermarket modules to convert turn signals into DRLs give you the most bang for the buck... webelectricproducts.com has a universal kit that works very well with either incandescent or LED bulbs for around $40. That being said, the replacement bumper trim lights from http://www.DAYTIMEBrightLites.com are by far the coolest way to add functional DRLs and auxiliary turn signals.

• Like 1