New 07 MKX...initial impressions>

Got it yesterday...only got to ride in it because the wife was hogging it up...finally got to drive today.

WOW, awesome...trying to find something wrong with it is very difficult.

2 things though...

1. While in drive and at a stop, releasing the brake pedal doesn't really let the car move forward...in fact, I found it to be like a manual transmission on a incline... I'm sure Ill accommodate, but its strange

2. The gauges, really, the speedometer. Its sort of compact, and not a lot of numbers or notches...I think Im doing 35 because it shows 30 and then a line...but really that line is the 40mph mark. Likewise, Ill adjust.

Thats all I can find.

Very comfortable, the seats are adjustable beyond all belief...the wife and I actually use the presets! The headlights are incredible...excellent visibility...adaptive headlights are awesome..how did I live without all these cool gadgets? The car looks incredible in and out...especially at night..wow.

THX stereo sounds awesome...I could use a tad more bass(I have 3 10s in my other vehicle), but the imaging is incredible. 6 disc mp3 makes me wonder if Ill ever bring the ipod into the car! Dual zone AC and heated/cooled seats will solve the fighting my wife do when Im driving home and shes cold and Im hot. Power liftgate makes me feel like a spoiled child. 18" wheels fill the wheel wells nicely. The Michellins are nice and quiet and having 6 gears puts the power in the right spot at all times...the engine has a nice tone to it as well.

Here is a quick pic of the beauty:

0002.jpg