2007 mkx cylinder 1 missfire, cylinder 1 injector malfunction

MKXest2007

Ok so I had a check engine light come on...i hooked it up to scantool and it came back with cylinder 1 misfire, cylinder 1 injector circuit malfunction, coil pack gone...i replaced all plugs and just cylinder one coil and reset computer and the car ran beautiful it was quicker than it has ever been....the next day same problem. Blinking check engine and misfiring again....i replaced coil again and reset comp.....car ran amazing again...then it happened the next day...put it back on scan tool and its saying all the same things plus now it says mafs also....car running rough again..so i replaced nothing and reset comp to see what it would do and it ran amazing again.....im stumped...i think my pcm is gone and i need a new one.any help would be great!!!

Edited by MKXest2007
  • Like 1

Sorry to hear! Could be the PCM is affected, in which case you can send it to CircuitMedics.com for a fix. Did the coils have any evidence of damage (crack, melting, carbon tracking)? When was the last time the battery was replaced in your MKX? Checked the wiring harnesses for shorts, evidence of critters getting in there?

Edited by WWWPerfA_ZN0W
  • Like 1