Sync Install Issue

I hate to start a new one of these but I'm not finding it in the search.

Tried updating my 2013 Edge Limited last night. I guess my first mistake was using a SD card? It took it! But it found the files and started the process with no issues. Once it went to restart and finish that's when it went haywire. It said something like Updating sync Image waiting for USB. It sits for a minute or so then says it finds no usb device and says it's cancelling the update. Then it goes black and never comes on. I tried sticking my SD card into a USB dongle but it wouldn't take that either. I tried reformatting twice and putting the files back on with no luck.

Yes it's FAT32 and yes I unzipped like it said in the instructions. I updated once before with no issues and was impressed, this time not so much.

So my question is Can I reset this by unplugging the battery or taking out the 29 fuze?

I tried the battery unhook last night but when I went to start up I got the am station with buzz like some people say happens but then I made the mistake of pushing the ac down(still no touch screen) and then it looped about the update.

Should I give this another try or am I SOL?

I really don't want to go to the dealer over this as it seems so silly to not be able to update something with their software.

Plus they don't have any appointments til next Wednesday!

Hi bob_loblaw,

The update should be downloaded to a USB drive only. If this message does not leave the screen, I do recommend making an appointment at the dealer. They're in the best position to assist. Keep me in the loop!

Shaay

They're booked out a week but they told me I could try leaving it inserted in while the battery is unplugged.

One change i made was get a working thumb drive(somehow my old one broke) and put the files on and it's working now that i tried leaving it in while battery was unplugged.

I wish it wouldn't have allowed me to install the files to begin with on the sd card if when it resets it looks for a usb drive. At least it's good now.

• 2 weeks later...

hi dears

i need

BT4T-14D544-AJ

SYNC GEN 2 IMAGE

files as a direct link for reinstall to my sync system .

i need files

and site says there is no new update and you are up to date please send files to me

or help me to reinstall system

thank you

Hello, I am new to the site and cannot locate info on my SD issue. I have been getting the SD card fault that I have seen on other feeds "no SD card found" I can remove and reinsert and it will work but I am getting the error everytime I start my car. I have a used 2011 Ford Edge Sport that I have owned for a year with no issues until now. It has the SD nav A3 card.

I see where there other posts about a more recent A4 card. Will updating my version solve this problem? I have been to MyFord.com and it says that I have the latest version of software with my A3, However when I look for updates for the SD card for my 2011 vehicle it says there is an A7 card that is the most recent.

If the A4 is available how do I update if it is telling me that I have the latest version? The A4 doesn't show on the list for newer version either just the A7. If the A7 is available am I able to bypass all the older cards?

I have CCPU S/W version 4.26.12023 and map database version A3.

I apologize for all the questions and I appreciate any info you can give me.

Thank you,

Shannon

Hi Shannon,

I can advise you on this issue. To resolve the problem with your SD card, I would suggest a master reset: http://owner.ford.com/how-tos/sync-technology/myford-touch/settings/how-to-perform-a-master-reset.html?year=2011&model=Edge&sync=myTouch

However, you can order the A7 card since the older versions are not available. Also, please send me your VIN, so I can see what to do to help you obtain the latest software version for your SYNC.

Joy