Yellow Fogs?

been researching HID's for th elast (2) weeks, I have finally ordered them! 6000k from Todd.......Now that I have got that out of the way I was wondering about my fog lights? I see alot of peopl are installing either yellow HID's or just a yellow fog bulb. Is this a new trend or does the yellow and the HID play towards some kind of vision advantage? some people say the blue tint with the yellow fog makes visibility better?

ofcourse I need opinions, and if you are lurking in the shadows LEX please sepak your mind :)

will be posting pics as soon as I get my HID's from Todd :hyper:

been researching HID's for th elast (2) weeks, I have finally ordered them! 6000k from Todd.......Now that I have got that out of the way I was wondering about my fog lights? I see alot of peopl are installing either yellow HID's or just a yellow fog bulb. Is this a new trend or does the yellow and the HID play towards some kind of vision advantage? some people say the blue tint with the yellow fog makes visibility better?

of course I need opinions, and if you are lurking in the shadows LEX please sepak your mind :)

will be posting pics as soon as I get my HID's from Todd :hyper:

funny thing is.. I am researching this next myself. I had not considered fogs before, but seeing how bitchen the HIDs turned out.. I am now contemplated fogs and doing them in yellow (2000k @ 35w) tentatively. In asking Todd about this subject, he had this recommendation of yellow - but I did not get into why or benefits just yet. I have not delved to deep into fogs yet, but I am sure like everything, I will research the :censored: out of it and then decide once I master the topic. The 'idea' sounds cool and I have seen some posted up on HID specific boards and like, but my knowledge on fogs is at a passing glance right now versus on actual HID topic for our cars I am pretty versed on. Other may know more, and Todd would for sure.

post up what you learn as I would be curious myself.

Edited by Lex Talionis

If you're looking for fogs, yellow is a good choice, because you will have better visibility on foggy nights with a yellow light. However, if you want them for appearance, they certainly aren't as striking as a 6 or 8,000k light would be.

I sell 4500k (yellow) HID kits, and i also sell yellow Lamin-x that can be placed over your lamps for a yellow look.

I swapped the bulbs with MTEC MT-494 H11 12v 55W 3300K.

Here's a daytime photo.

have you seen some of the HID photos versus yours?

I am curious... for the not as crucial fogs... is that why you went the bulb route versus HID kit route for that reason? How do you think your bulbs look versus photos of HID kit fogs? I can see on fogs doing bulbs for as little use as I get in CA. But curious your own feedback.

To tell you the truth, a daytime photo (which I happened to have on file in my computer) of my fogs or other photos of HID fogs, or other photos of stock v. HID headlights don't really show too much difference. I think that you will only see the real difference in person.

That being said, I'm totally satisfied with the results that the bulb swap gave me.

I've put a lot of money into my Edge and various other vehicles that I own and will always make my decision on parts or upgrades based on the best end result and not the monetary cost.

Here's my 2 cents: buy a set of replacement bulbs on ebay or the local auto parts store, install them and see what you think.

You'll spend a couple of bucks to see in person how they perform and if you don't like it you only spent a couple of dollars compared to a HID kit, which you could always install later.

Good luck.

funny thing is.. I am researching this next myself. I had not considered fogs before, but seeing how bitchen the HIDs turned out.. I am now contemplated fogs and doing them in yellow (2000k @ 35w) tentatively. In asking Todd about this subject, he had this recommendation of yellow - but I did not get into why or benefits just yet. I have not delved to deep into fogs yet, but I am sure like everything, I will research the :censored: out of it and then decide once I master the topic. The 'idea' sounds cool and I have seen some posted up on HID specific boards and like, but my knowledge on fogs is at a passing glance right now versus on actual HID topic for our cars I am pretty versed on. Other may know more, and Todd would for sure.

post up what you learn as I would be curious myself.

One challenge is where to put the third ballast. I have already used two available spots for low and high beam. My guess is that you'd have to take the bumper cover off and install the ballasts underneath it.