Displaying Cell Phone Contacts

Hi All.

I recently purchased a 2016 Edge Sport. I have synced my phone (Galaxy Note 5 running Android 6.01) to the Sync 3 in the car. All generally works fine, but not all of my contacts are searchable on the car display. My phone has about 2,100 contacts (work etc) and when using the car "Jump to" feature, I find that some of the more common names are not all shown under their respective letters; it just gets to a certain point (say "DO****") then stops. Move to the next letter and all displays properly, unless that is also a common letter.

If I select a "missing" contact on the phone and then dial, all the details show up on the car screen correctly. If that person phones me then all of the details show correctly on the car screen.

Are there limitations within Sync 3? Deleting contacts on my phone is not an option.

Thanks

I have only played with Syne 3 once with a loaner, seemed to work simular to my Sync (with a different interface of course).

If I understand your question correctly, you are only displaying a limited number of contacts under any given letter. On mine, I need to use the down arrow to display additional contacts if there are more than will fit on a single screen.

In your example contacts under "D", all of the D contacts display and stop at "DO". Have you hit the down arrow to display the rest?

I have only played with Syne 3 once with a loaner, seemed to work simular to my Sync (with a different interface of course).

If I understand your question correctly, you are only displaying a limited number of contacts under any given letter. On mine, I need to use the down arrow to display additional contacts if there are more than will fit on a single screen.

In your example contacts under "D", all of the D contacts display and stop at "DO". Have you hit the down arrow to display the rest?

Thanks for the response. I should have said that I took the down arrow all the way down, but it still doesn't display all the contacts starting with popular letters.

Thanks for the response. I should have said that I took the down arrow all the way down, but it still doesn't display all the contacts starting with popular letters.

Hey Rocketboots,

Are all of your contacts saved to the phone itself and not the SIM card? Also, if there are any emoticons or special characters saved in the name, that can affect the way the contacts download. You can always perform a module reset and download the contacts again. To reset the module: Select radio > Hold the power button (center of the volume knob) + the right-seek button at the same time for up to 5 seconds.

Cara

• 3 weeks later...

I can't remember the exact number, but manual talks about a certain number of contacts being able to be stored in syncs memory. It is around 2000. You may be over the limit and so when you do dial one it still can find it via your phone, but doesn't have the memory to index a search that large.

Check the manual regarding phone contacts