2016 Edge SEL - Would Sport headlights fit?

Update: I got everything in the mail today. From dans contact time to my receiving it went fast. I got the puddle lamps (came with led license plates bulbs too) and the HID kit.

I installed the 4 aux lights in about 15 mins tonight. Only tool was my smallest flathead screwdriver. Puddle lights were pretty painless. License plates were too just make sure to test all the lights prior to putting them back in. I had a license plate bulb backwards and it wouldn't light.

Also be careful with your license plate plastic caps! They have a little metal tab on the side. I popped one back in and it someone sprung "open" causing a bridge over the top of the plastic inside the liftgate. This took awhile to work back out while not trying to break anything. I was able to bend it back to shape and it's holding now. That's a me screw up / ford part. Zero to do with the kit I purchased.

Will update this weekend if I get around to doing headlights. Hopefully have some pictures. The puddle lamps are crazy bright I could see them at dusk! Compared with the stocks that I didn't even realize I had until it was pitch black one night

• Like 1

I still haven't sprung for the puddle lights yet. sadly, I'm getting bored of my edge. Not having parts available is killing me. One day I shall get the puddle lights but I've shifted my focus over to my fusion until I can get an intercooler, some piping and relocate the bov on my edge sport

You will probably end up replacing the license plate lights. In due time they will start to flicker. but they were free and dan offers a warranty on them. Can't really beat that.

• Like 1

Yea I had a reverse light go out on my truck the day I turned it in. But for how cheap (free in this case) they typically are I can't complain.

I highly suggest the puddle lamps. I'm thinking I may try and put my old ones into my wife's escape? may be a little risky of a mod for my taste lol.

I too am disappointed in the amount of aftermarket parts. I have searched and really can't find much besides OEM accessories and some of the most hideous aftermarket Chinese things. What is with all the fake stick on chrome?!? You could literally chrome the entire car out.

I did find these mats that look interesting. They are in three color schemes and drop into just about every hole in the car, cup holders, cargo pockets, arm rest, dash cubby. They have the edge logo on them as well. For ~$20 might add a little something

https://www.ebay.com/itm/272266447920

Have you seen these?

• Like 1

I still haven't sprung for the puddle lights yet. sadly, I'm getting bored of my edge. Not having parts available is killing me. One day I shall get the puddle lights but I've shifted my focus over to my fusion until I can get an intercooler, some piping and relocate the bov on my edge sport

You will probably end up replacing the license plate lights. In due time they will start to flicker. but they were free and dan offers a warranty on them. Can't really beat that.

Nick did you get the TS-0203-1081 bov for your edge? If you did, how easy was the install?

Also I was wondering what model of the sct tuner did you get from unleashed?

I know right, why cant companies start making parts, there is so many of us edge sport owners now.

Yea I had a reverse light go out on my truck the day I turned it in. But for how cheap (free in this case) they typically are I can't complain.

I highly suggest the puddle lamps. I'm thinking I may try and put my old ones into my wife's escape? may be a little risky of a mod for my taste lol.

I too am disappointed in the amount of aftermarket parts. I have searched and really can't find much besides OEM accessories and some of the most hideous aftermarket Chinese things. What is with all the fake stick on chrome?!? You could literally chrome the entire car out.

I did find these mats that look interesting. They are in three color schemes and drop into just about every hole in the car, cup holders, cargo pockets, arm rest, dash cubby. They have the edge logo on them as well. For ~$20 might add a little something

https://www.ebay.com/itm/272266447920

Have you seen these?

Those mats do seem interesting. Also there is an aftermarket grill available : http://bit.ly/2biZvjpThe black one looks pretty good, might be a future mod for me (depends if I can get a straight answer from customs on the import fee) And haha yep so much chrome on ebay.

Nick did you get the TS-0203-1081 bov for your edge? If you did, how easy was the install?

I know right, why cant companies start making parts, there is so many of us edge sport owners now.

Those mats do seem interesting. Also there is an aftermarket grill available : http://bit.ly/2biZvjpThe black one looks pretty good, might be a future mod for me (depends if I can get a straight answer from customs on the import fee) And haha yep so much chrome on ebay.

I saw and liked that grille until further inspection shows it has a GIANT F and D without the O or R. I may pull the trigger on the mats. Might not put them all in as that may be overkill, but the door and center console ones might add a little something different

I saw and liked that grille until further inspection shows it has a GIANT F and D without the O or R. I may pull the trigger on the mats. Might not put them all in as that may be overkill, but the door and center console ones might add a little something different

I think they just edited the picture so the O R isn't visible (3rd pic) , probably because of trademark infringement, either way I sent a message to the seller to ask, cause damn that grill looks good B). Yeah makes sense, interesting how they glow as well.

I think they just edited the picture so the O R isn't visible (3rd pic) , probably because of trademark infringement, either way I sent a message to the seller to ask, cause damn that grill looks good B). Yeah makes sense, interesting how they glow as well.

If that's the case then yes very slick grille. They make one for f150s as well, makes it look like the Raptor version. Wanted to get one, never got around to it for my f150.

I don't think I'd get one of these unless I had a sport though

I ordered the mats, in red. The white ones are the only ones that glow which turned me off as if it's anything like most products that glow in the dark. They will almost look green during the day.

Edited by Tjm623

Hope so, it just looks mean, like the raptor. Oh my mistake, then the red and blue are probably going to look much better.

Well the seller responded within 10 minutes and sent me a picture: http://bit.ly/2bujbhM looks good, might buy one.

I think that link is to your inbox LOL I got a 403 error trying to look. But try and post again. Side note I've seen the actual grilles selling for about $300 on eBay. Maybe able to recoup almost entire cost by selling your stock grille.

Edited by Tjm623

I think that link is to your inbox LOL I got a 403 error trying to look. But try and post again. Side note I've seen the actual grilles selling for about $300 on eBay. Maybe able to recoup almost entire cost by selling your stock grille.

post-42141-0-39004300-1471320612_thumb.jpg

There we go, yeah that would make this super economical.

I'm on my 2nd Edge so I'm very, very familiar with the limited aftermarket support for the Edge. I just spents 2 months in Thailand and Malaysia, Asia countries love chrome.

items # 3,4,11, 12 of the mats wont work in the American Edge

yes I have that Turbosmart blow off valve. install was fairly simple, instructions were a lil rough but I got it figured out.

I have the SCT X4

I've messaged companies but if I'm the only ones messaging them, then they wont make parts. www.cp-e.com, www.levelsperformance.com for intercooler things and such, corsa, borla,for exhaust Eibach, Tein, BC Coilovers for suspension parts.

items # 3,4,11, 12 of the mats wont work in the American Edge.

Good to know, from the numbered picture those were the only 4 I was having trouble figuring out what they were. 11,12 seem like third row cup holders? Not entirely sure with 3,4. I probably won't end up using all of them as it may be to many little mats with the word edge on them all over the car lol. Still have to see if they are even cut nice/ decent quality and even want them in the car.

For $17 I was willing to be the experimental case :)

• Like 1

I'm on my 2nd Edge so I'm very, very familiar with the limited aftermarket support for the Edge. I just spents 2 months in Thailand and Malaysia, Asia countries love chrome.

items # 3,4,11, 12 of the mats wont work in the American Edge

yes I have that Turbosmart blow off valve. install was fairly simple, instructions were a lil rough but I got it figured out.

I have the SCT X4

I've messaged companies but if I'm the only ones messaging them, then they wont make parts. www.cp-e.com, www.levelsperformance.com for intercooler things and such, corsa, borla,for exhaust Eibach, Tein, BC Coilovers for suspension parts.

Thats awesome! Did you spot any of the 3 row edges there?

For the bov did you have to splice the factory wiring connector or just plug it into the new bov? I think the rest of us should start contacting these companies then. Ill send some emails today.

Just noticed that the front view camera is attached to the grill so that means if anyone does switch the grill, the camera will have to be removed and modified to fit the new grill(if you want to keep it)

Is it for the SEL? I actually didn't even look into it. I had a price point for what I was willing to spend and the only real must have for me was sync 3, everything else id already had in my truck. The 201a package with nav and a premium color/ 3.5L engine put me at that number and I stopped looking at other options.

In a perfect world I would have got the sport...one day :)

UPDATE: installed the lights today. I'd rate ease of install a B+.

The install video online is a bit outdated my dust covers are rubber and can't be drilled like shown. I just cut an X with a knife and then cut the flaps off and grommet went on no problem.

There are also no connectors for the connection to the old plug. It's a black and red "spade" that pushes into the slots. I would have rather had a connector but I wrapped them in electrical tape to cover exposed metal.

The headlights fit well. No issue with the tabs not lining up are snapping back in. The passenger side is a pain due to the antifreeze reservoir. Would have helped to have small hands.

The reason for the B+ is the three boxes/parts for ballast and mounting. The wire from the plastic black box is literally 2 inches long. The ballast itself is metal and that I was able to use the provided 3m thick piece of double sided foam to mount to the side of the hood bracket. This left little to no room to mount anything else. The engine bay just doesn't have anything to use. This took the longest for me.

I ended up using a hole in the frame (if you look down and against fender right by the light you'll see a hole) I managed to get a zip tie around through it and zip tied the smaller metal box to this. I wrapped all the exposed connections in electrical tape as well. The plastic box I used a bit of the 3M pad I didn't use for ballast and stuck the bottom half of it to another frame piece. Repeated for passenger side with more trouble due to smaller area.

I did not use the separate wiring harness with battery hookup. The instructions said to try to plug and play first and if you had flickering to use it. My lights didn't flicker so I passed. I could imagine needing this would cause quite the mess of wires and not a lot of places to run them.

I didn't need to adjust lights after either. They definitely look better. I am hoping there is a way to change DRL from using these and instead us the parking lights. Otherwise I will probably shut my DRL off via dash settings to save some bulb life.

I took a few pictures but still haven't figured out how to post them via mobile site. I have picture of one HID vs one Halogen. Picture of where I mounted everything and picture of both HID.

Let me know if anyone has questions! Overall happy so far, can't wait to drive at night and see the difference

Edited by Tjm623
  • Like 1