what is the best size rims size

It all depends...when i bought my Edge, it came with 20s and i thought i'd be happy with that...but after seeing a few Edges with 22s...i'm upgrading. I will be sacrificing a little 'softness' in the ride but for the looks, it's definitely something i'm willing to do. Ha, funny, i just said that 20s on 50 rubber is soft :) The 20s do look plenty big enough though and the ride quality is still great. Alot of people prefer this option. Hope that helps a little.

hey Craiger, I have notices you are the wheel/rim guy lol...I was wondering just how much softness you sacrifice going from 18inch to 20inch and 20inch to 22 inch?

I would really like to get the 22's but if its a rough ride my wife will object to the idea os 22 inch :(

I also heard the 22 inch ties are VERY bad handling in the rain? maybe depends on what make?

please let me know, as soon as the spring rolls around I am getting 20's to 22's

thanks! I apprecizate it!

It all depends...when i bought my Edge, it came with 20s and i thought i'd be happy with that...but after seeing a few Edges with 22s...i'm upgrading. I will be sacrificing a little 'softness' in the ride but for the looks, it's definitely something i'm willing to do. Ha, funny, i just said that 20s on 50 rubber is soft :) The 20s do look plenty big enough though and the ride quality is still great. Alot of people prefer this option. Hope that helps a little.

No problem Sonyguy.

You will sacrifice a little ride softness going to the 22s. I do find the 20s are a perfect balance of size and ride quality however i am a sucker for big wheels. As i said before, i used to have 19s on my civic in my younger days...guess some things don't change with age. Those were 35 series an quite a stiff ride. As for the handling in the rain, that's not necessarily true. If you go with a good tire, even a 20 or 22 will handle very well in the rain. Heck, the stock 20" Pirellis all-seasons on my Edge are better in the snow than my brand new 15" winter tires on my VW...although AWD does play a factor in that :)

The sidewall heights is approximately:

245/50/20 -4.8"

265/40/22 -4.2"

265/35/22 -3.7"

None of those have alot of rubber but when you get down to the recommended 35series in a 22, you don't have much left at all.

Hope this helps a bit.

thanks Craiger! I appreciate the reply...I am leaning towards the 20's, but I think the 22's would look sweet!

I wonder if there is a site with pictures? 22 inchers on a ford edge...just to give me a better idea.

I will look around.

thanks again Craig

No problem Sonyguy.

You will sacrifice a little ride softness going to the 22s. I do find the 20s are a perfect balance of size and ride quality however i am a sucker for big wheels. As i said before, i used to have 19s on my civic in my younger days...guess some things don't change with age. Those were 35 series an quite a stiff ride. As for the handling in the rain, that's not necessarily true. If you go with a good tire, even a 20 or 22 will handle very well in the rain. Heck, the stock 20" Pirellis all-seasons on my Edge are better in the snow than my brand new 15" winter tires on my VW...although AWD does play a factor in that :)

The sidewall heights is approximately:

245/50/20 -4.8"

265/40/22 -4.2"

265/35/22 -3.7"

None of those have alot of rubber but when you get down to the recommended 35series in a 22, you don't have much left at all.

Hope this helps a bit.