2.7 EcoBoost Cold Start Noise / Rattle

Oh, I will never take my car there again! In the meantime, I am stuck with them, as my car is supposedly in a state of disassembly that would preclude me from driving it out of there. I am keeping my upcoming appointment with the 2nd, local dealer, just in case.

Edited by VisionPilot
  • Like 1

I don't know how close you are to the dealer, but I once had a dealer tell me my car was in the bay and being worked on. At that time they had it for 5 days. I drove the two miles to the dealer and found the car parked where I had left it on their lot. They were lying. Fortunately my car would start and move so I got the keys and drove to another dealer. Two days later my car was fixed. This started a long term customer relationship with that dealer.

I understand your car may be in parts, but I would visually check that out.

• Like 1

I don't know how close you are to the dealer, but I once had a dealer tell me my car was in the bay and being worked on. At that time they had it for 5 days. I drove the two miles to the dealer and found the car parked where I had left it on their lot. They were lying. Fortunately my car would start and move so I got the keys and drove to another dealer. Two days later my car was fixed. This started a long term customer relationship with that dealer.

I understand your car may be in parts, but I would visually check that out.

I'm quite a ways away from the dealer that has it, (and from where I purchased it), so it's not easy to go look, although I have been 2-3 times a week since. I know it was moved into the bay last Wednesday, as I was near the vehicle when they got in pulled it into a bay for the first time (they didn't know I was there, as I had the same plan as you, to just take it to another dealer). I believe that they are finally working on it. If they aren't done tomorrow, I will be making a trip to the dealer on Friday regardless.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...