What Aftermarket Nav. System Do You Have

Since there is a consensus around here that the optional navigation system really isn't worth the money, (I definitely don't think it is) what kind of aftermarket nav. system is everyone using, if any. What brand, model, etc... I personally have a Garmin 340 that I bought for my wife, but I seem to use it more than she does. I like the simplicity of it, and so far its been really accurate. One thing I don't like is if you want to use the 12v plug, you have to have it mounted to the suction cup mount. Kind of a pain, but I have to say that the lithium battery lasts a long time.

Since there is a consensus around here that the optional navigation system really isn't worth the money, (I definitely don't think it is) what kind of aftermarket nav. system is everyone using, if any. What brand, model, etc... I personally have a Garmin 340 that I bought for my wife, but I seem to use it more than she does. I like the simplicity of it, and so far its been really accurate. One thing I don't like is if you want to use the 12v plug, you have to have it mounted to the suction cup mount. Kind of a pain, but I have to say that the lithium battery lasts a long time.

I have a Magellian 4050. It's very easy to use and has a 4.3 inch screen and has pinpoint accuracy. I don't use half the featurs it has. No need for bluetooth since i have sync and i use the radio for traffic updates. I don't know how long the battery lasts since i always plug it in when i use it. I have to try next time.

If you don't like the suction cup mount, you could purchase the beanbag that sits on the dashboard. It works great and does not leave maks on the windshield. I purchased it at Target online for $19.99. The same one was in Bestbuy for $40.00 and Walmart for $30.00.

Garmin 350 - got a steal on it $250 shipped. Very happy with it - sometimes it has a 40ft inaccuracy around my house, but there are MANY 40+ft trees and quite a lot of hills. 3.5" Screen (4:3), loud and battery lasts about 4-5 hours on constant use (I dont dim the screen)

NOTE: If you really dont want the bluetooth - get the 350 as compared to the 360. Many people that have both complain that the 360 has more issues. I personally cant confirm this but have read it on the Garmin forums.

Love it.

I did not want to mount it on the window because many thieves look for the suction cup mark and break into the car to look for it. So, the rubber mat in the middle of the dash...I took it off and placed the Garmin surface mount disk - cut a hole in the rubber mat and you really cant tell it is there for Nav. Unless of course my wife leaves it on the dash - but that is another story.

I like the fact that I can change the voice to a brit or aussi, male or female.

Its POI's saved my wife many times. She is in Marketing and had their saleforce in for training and she had to go EVERYWHERE and call places. The phone numbers were 95% accurate and 95% of the places she needed were in there.

Solas