Led Bar

gjb89

I have a 15' sport and im thinking about adding one of those single row bar of leds in the grille such as http://www.rigidindustries.com/led-lighting/22000

I noticed that there are shutters behind it. does anyone know when these open or close? Think I would run a chance over over heating if i removed the shutter and installed a bar in the yellow location?

The shutters close on startup and open when the ecm decides the coolant is warm enough(depends on the ambient temp aswell) . They will also close at higher speeds to increase areo efficiency, and open when more cooling is required. You should be fine with installing it there, you might not even have to remove the shutter. Overheating would be highly unlikely as there is still air flowing around the light bar, unless you really go for a long hard drive, in which case you might want to monitor the coolant temp with a obd2 device.

An alternative would be wiring some led strips (super bright ones) but it probably won't look as clean or be as bright.

^ / ^^ out in the country these lights are super useful, especially when your're driving through farming areas, or gravel roads. Animals come out of nowhere, sometimes the roads bend without signs. Sure its illegal to use these types of lights on public roads (most places), as long as it is quick and easy to turn off, no harm no foul.

Also, I've purchased many products from KAWELL, you can find their stuff on amazon. Its actually great, and affordable. I have 5 bars on a zero turn and they output crazy amounts of light.

Edited by Beezz
  • Like 1