20" Wheels/Sport Suspension on Limited's ?

cmoses

Has anyone been able to define what the "Sport Suspension" entails? Different shocks, springs, sway bar, etc? The question was asked early on, but as far as I can tell in searching the forums it has not been answered. I am trying to determine if I want to go with the 20" wheels and sport suspension that Ford offers or go with and aftermarket wheel and springs kit.

Any information that can be provided will be greatly appreciated.

Clayton

Has anyone been able to define what the "Sport Suspension" entails? Different shocks, springs, sway bar, etc? The question was asked early on, but as far as I can tell in searching the forums it has not been answered. I am trying to determine if I want to go with the 20" wheels and sport suspension that Ford offers or go with and aftermarket wheel and springs kit.

Clayton

20" wheels and lower springs and firmer shocks what I was told. I drove both, and the sport handles much better, not mushy

I found that with the 20" wheel package, mine sits higher than the ones with the 18's. I don't know about lower springs, although maybe they're stiffer. They probably used a better progressive rate spring on the 20" package. Whatever they used, I love the handling, and the stance. :yahoo:

Clayton

Driven edge's both with 20's and 18's for extended periods of time and IMO and found handling not that much different. The edge is not intended to be a sports car by any means and handling is what it is. IMO it's more about looks than anything else. What stood out for me with 20's was that the car did not handle bumps and rough road surfaces as well as the 18's did. Is most likely the low profile of the tires.