Transmission "hanging" in gear...

unca waldo

I seem to be having an intermittent issue with the transmission in my '15 Edge Titanium, 2.0 EcoBoost.

On occasion, seemingly when the vehicle hasn't been driven for a bit, the trans "hangs" in 1st gear. It won't upshift or downshift, until it suddenly seems to "release" and begins functioning normally. From that point on, there's no problem with it shifting.

I don't know if this is an "idiosyncrasy" with this transmission, or if there's a more serious problem. Because it's so intermittent, I'm positive the service folks will say... truthfully... they couldn't reproduce the problem.

Has anyone here had a similar experience... and, if so, was it repaired? or, is this something I'll just have to deal with?

Thanks for any thoughts...

Guess it would've been helpful to include a little more info...

There are a little over 5,000 miles on it. The problem seems to crop up if the car has been sitting for several hours, or overnight, though it doesn't happen everytime. The only way I've been able to get the trans to "release" is to slow down, sometimes almost to a complete stop. BTW, I've only noticed it occurring when I'm using very light throttle.

Once the trans "releases", it then operates normally... until the next time, whenever that might be.

As I said, it's intermittent and I haven't been able to see any rhyme or reason to it.