USB Cables - Alternate Cable Route?

I have ProClip mount in my Edge for my phone. I would love to keep my phone connected to the USB hub without leaving the compartment door open. Anybody figured out a way to run a cord behind/out the back?

Ā 

On a related note, how to you like the ProClip? Anything that annoys/delights you about the product? I am considering getting one after I upgrade my phone.

• Like 1

On a related note, how to you like the ProClip? Anything that annoys/delights you about the product? I am considering getting one after I upgrade my phone.

Ā 

Love it! Solid and in a great position. Haven't had a vehicle in 15 years that I haven't put one in.

Ā 

simonp, check this one out. Works for any phone and it's low profile.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00S5A66EG/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Anything that mounts the phone to your vent or CD slot is a terrible idea, sorry. Why would you want to block the air for those hotter months, and why would you want to risk damaging your vent.

Ā 

Go with the ProClip, you will not regret it!

Ā 

Ā 

Love it! Solid and in a great position. Haven't had a vehicle in 15 years that I haven't put one in.

Ā 

Ā 

Anything that mounts the phone to your vent or CD slot is a terrible idea, sorry. Why would you want to block the air for those hotter months, and why would you want to risk damaging your vent.

Ā 

Go with the ProClip, you will not regret it!

Ā 

There is nothing to damage. Not blocking the AC vent here.

Ā 

Ā 

Edited by gjb89
  • Like 1

All the trim panels on the center console and radio all pop off pretty easily. There is plenty of room to run a usb cable back there, I had no issues when i was routing an impulse line for my gauge.

Ā 

Hey gjb89, this is good to hear. Any more specific advice you can offer as to which trim panel would be best? I mean, is there one at the back of the cubby that would allow a Lightning cable to be run through so the front cubby door could be kept closed? I'd like to remove a trim piece rather than drill a hole if possible. Any advice would be great. TIA.

Hey gjb89, this is good to hear. Any more specific advice you can offer as to which trim panel would be best? I mean, is there one at the back of the cubby that would allow a Lightning cable to be run through so the front cubby door could be kept closed? I'd like to remove a trim piece rather than drill a hole if possible. Any advice would be great. TIA.

See my pictures above. You just need to remove the little side trim piece.

• Like 1