Inside Low Beam Lenses (rectangular reflector?)

I just swapped out my stock bulbs with some PIAAs. The high beams are awesome, but I dont see much improvement with the low beams. There's a rectangle that's attached inside the lens that I assume is supposed to reflect the beam, but the high beam doesnt have one.

Question is: Is this rectangular reflector helping or hurting the new lenses. Should I rip it out?

thanks.

I just swapped out my stock bulbs with some PIAAs. The high beams are awesome, but I dont see much improvement with the low beams. There's a rectangle that's attached inside the lens that I assume is supposed to reflect the beam, but the high beam doesnt have one.

Question is: Is this rectangular reflector helping or hurting the new lenses. Should I rip it out?

thanks.

Hi pennstatefan. :D No, do not "rip it out". It is there to help aim and focus the low beams correctly. If you rip it out, you will most likely wind up throwing excess light and glare at oncoming drivers. Not normally a good idea, since if the glare is bad enough, it could be dangerous for both the oncoming driver and you.

The high beam does not have one specifically because we are not supposed to have our high beams on when there are drivers coming towards us, so the light does not need to have as sharp a cut off as the low beams.

By definition, low beams will never be as bright as high beams. They cannot be if oncoming drivers are going to be able to see.

Good luck. :beerchug:

Edited by bbf2530

thanks.

The bulbs are PIAA 4000K low beams & fogs are the same bulb H11 - not trying to blind anyone...at least not on purpose!