Resetting Sync

tadcooper

Hi all - I'm new here. I found the forum while searching around for a problem with Sync. I had to wipe my Blackberry 7130 phone recently of all information. When I go back to Sync in my Edge I follow the instructions and push the Phone button and my BB asks for the PIN, but nothing happens on the car screen. It just says Phone with no menu options. Any ideas?

Hi all - I'm new here. I found the forum while searching around for a problem with Sync. I had to wipe my Blackberry 7130 phone recently of all information. When I go back to Sync in my Edge I follow the instructions and push the Phone button and my BB asks for the PIN, but nothing happens on the car screen. It just says Phone with no menu options. Any ideas?

Most likely SYNC has the BT profile still while your BB does not. Therefore, when SYNC setups the link btw the BB and SYNC, for security, your BB sees it as a new device and requires the 6 digit pin number generated by SYNC when you first set it up.

IF you do not have that 6 digit pin number (I think it is 6 digits anyway), then delete your device in SYNC and re-set it up in SYNC.

Solas

Most likely SYNC has the BT profile still while your BB does not. Therefore, when SYNC setups the link btw the BB and SYNC, for security, your BB sees it as a new device and requires the 6 digit pin number generated by SYNC when you first set it up.

IF you do not have that 6 digit pin number (I think it is 6 digits anyway), then delete your device in SYNC and re-set it up in SYNC.

Solas

Thanks for the tip - I had tried this previously, but the sync phone menu doesn't give me the alternative to delete the device. It just sits there and says Phone. I try pressing buttons, but no luck. Is there any way to reset sync completely?

I do not know of a way to reset sync completely - outside of going to the dealer. However, I dont think it is needed in this situation as I understand it.

There is a way to delete the device through the head-unit - not steering wheel. Check your SYNC manual - it tells you how. I had to delete my phone once because I deleted the SYNC BT profile on it and did not remember the pin code. It gave me the option of DELETE DEVICE or DELETE ALL.

Was this vehicle used and do not have the SYNC manual?

Solas

I do not know of a way to reset sync completely - outside of going to the dealer. However, I dont think it is needed in this situation as I understand it.

There is a way to delete the device through the head-unit - not steering wheel. Check your SYNC manual - it tells you how. I had to delete my phone once because I deleted the SYNC BT profile on it and did not remember the pin code. It gave me the option of DELETE DEVICE or DELETE ALL.

Was this vehicle used and do not have the SYNC manual?

Solas

Yes - I bought the vehicle New and I do have the SYNC manual, but there is nothing concerning a hard reset. I will just have to go see the dealer.

Yes - I bought the vehicle New and I do have the SYNC manual, but there is nothing concerning a hard reset. I will just have to go see the dealer.

You don't need to do a hard reset, you just need to delete the device. Those are the instructions that are in the manual.