EDGE vs Madza CX-7?

droth33

I've been planning to order a loaded Edge Limited and now am starting to think a loaded Mazda CX-7 might be what I should get.

The Mazda has a racier look to it..............

I know I'll pay a little more for premium gas, but is that the only drawback?

opinions please:

Make sure you drive them both...IMHO, the CX-7 didn't compare. My wife said after about 5 minutes of driving the Mazda to turn around and go back to the dealership. We both thought the Edge had a 'luxury' feel to it while driving the CX-7 felt like driving my buddy's Mazda 3. Also, we both preferred the look of the Edge as well. Just my opinion but that's how both my wife and I felt about the Mazda.

We also drove the 7 before we realized it was way too SMALL!!!!!!! Then we took a hard lookand drive at the CX9. Much closer in comparison to the Edge which of course we just got today!!!! I will say that the Manual Sport option on the Mazda is sweet!!!

As a side note you can put Reg. gas in the 08 CX7 this year. Oval

Regular gas is OK to use but you should use 91 or higher.

And the EDGE is nice and all but I would take a CX-7 over it, the price, driving experience and just how happy I am with the CX-7 a year after I've bought it, the EDGE feels like a cute appliance to me now.

Plus, it's WAY cheaper.

Edited by CreamEDGE.

• 1 month later...

CX-7 is not even close... nice "little" car but I don't think there's that much comparison.

drive the Edge, drive the CX-9, pick the one that most suits your needs or personality. if you want something small and sporty consider the CX-7. as others have mentioned, the 2008 seems to have been tuned to run on regular fuel whereas the 2007 CX-7 could only use premium fuel. but I'd confirm that on Edmunds, etc.

• 3 months later...

I drove the CX7, CX9, Edge, and the Murano when i was test driving crossovers last year. Here are the impressions of each vehicle.

Ford Edge: drove this one 1st. It had great power, felt good driving. the day we drove this thing was a windy day on the interstate, and it still drove good.

CX7: seemed to really have power,but just didn't have that refined feel to me. The interior was pretty plane.

CX9: Was very nice inside, it had a sluggish feel to me, and seemed to feel like i was driving a top heavy tank.

Murano: seemed to feel like a car when we drove it. the back up camera was nice addition as well. had decent power, didn't care for the dash layout. Liked the keyless ignition system.

I wound up buying the edge, and haven't regretted it once. Each vehicle we drove was loaded, and all an all, im still glad we got the edge.

Only features i would like to have had was the keyless ignition, and the backup camera.