Where to plug in IPod?

This may sound stupid, but where do I plug in my IPod? I tried using a USB cord and that didn't work. I see a AUX type input next to that, do I need to get that type of cord for it to read???

Then if that is it, what is the correct function on the Radio?? Thanks for any help. Doug

Go to SyncMyRide and register with your vin. This will get you all the manuals you need for your specific make up. It is different for those with Nav and those without.

There is also a printed manual that came with the car regarding SYNC.

Was your purchase used and you did not receive these? If so, that is where SyncMyRide will be very helpful for you.

And yes, you plug it into the USB port and use the Media button to select USB.

Solas

Go to SyncMyRide and register with your vin. This will get you all the manuals you need for your specific make up. It is different for those with Nav and those without.

There is also a printed manual that came with the car regarding SYNC.

Was your purchase used and you did not receive these? If so, that is where SyncMyRide will be very helpful for you.

And yes, you plug it into the USB port and use the Media button to select USB.

Solas

This was a new purchase, and we do have the SYNC manual. I'm thinking that I need to use the headphone jack on the IPod and connect the other end into the small jack next to the USB, correct???

Like I said we tried using the USB cable and it asked to create text? I'll try again using your suggestions! Thanks Oval

This was a new purchase, and we do have the SYNC manual. I'm thinking that I need to use the headphone jack on the IPod and connect the other end into the small jack next to the USB, correct???

Like I said we tried using the USB cable and it asked to create text? I'll try again using your suggestions! Thanks Oval

Use the USB cable that came with the iPod and follow the instructions in the sync manual. You won't get voice control of the iPod if you only use the headphone jack.