Forced 08 Edge Vista roof closed uhoh!

Hello all!

Wish I would have read how fast Vista roof is supposed to open so I could have addressed problem earlier.

I was driving and came upon severe weather. Tried to close Vista roof it wouldn't close. Torrential downpour so while holding close button I forced it with other hand to close (sorta) it closed the gap but is not down in the sealed position. How can I fix this? Praying I didn't completely mess it up.

Hello all!

Wish I would have read how fast Vista roof is supposed to open so I could have addressed problem earlier.

I was driving and came upon severe weather. Tried to close Vista roof it wouldn't close. Torrential downpour so while holding close button I forced it with other hand to close (sorta) it closed the gap but is not down in the sealed position. How can I fix this? Praying I didn't completely mess it up.

you need to open the glass back all the way,clean and lube tracks.i personally at this point would remove the glass.i have done this personally several times on my gen 1.if you need help..bill trammel has a fb group called mactforedge. he has made several videos on youtube one of which is on removing the vista glass and cleaning all parts and lubing. then u need to re initialize to set correctly in track.

• Like 1