low air pressure sensor

edgyone

I just bought a 2008 edge se. It had the 17 inch wheels and we got 20s put on today. On Saturday they are puting the sensors back on the wheel as they didn't have any banding material to put the sensor back on.

My question is, will the sensor work on the 20 in. rims?

Yes it will work.

Not allways easy to find the band mounting kits though.

Richard and Barbie

Yup - just different mounting kit is needed. I have heard some rims do not balance well with TPMS - have never experienced it though. I dont see why they would not.

Make sure they put all the ugly balance weights inside the rim (hidden, not on the outside of spokes etc). I hate when places put them so EVERYONE and their sister can see them - ick.

Solas

I just bought a 2008 edge se. It had the 17 inch wheels and we got 20s put on today. On Saturday they are puting the sensors back on the wheel as they didn't have any banding material to put the sensor back on.

My question is, will the sensor work on the 20 in. rims?

Hi edgyone. :D Like everyone already mentioned, yes they will work. The system does not know what size wheel is on the car, just measures what the sensors tell it concerning PSI.

However, be sure of two things: First, that whoever does the work properly calibrates the sensors to the system. Second, that you are told (or ask) what tire pressure (PSI) they are using for the new tires when they are calibrated, as it may be different than the original tires PSI recommendation from Ford (on the drivers side door jamb sticker).

You need to know this so you can keep the new tires properly inflated for safety reasons, and to avoid setting off the TPMS warning light.

Good luck. :beerchug: