Insurance coverage for Ford Edge

Nadiabrks

OK so I went in to my local Ford dealer and purchased my 2007 Edge SE (not what I wanted but it's still not bad) Well I was told the car would be arriving the first week of Feb and I had to get an insurance policy on it before I could drive it off the lot. However, as I am doing some price quote online I'm finding a lot of companies don't have this make of Ford listed. The dealer told me to get a quote based on the Ford escape But I don't know which stlyle(hybrid,slt etc...) I only found one company (progressive) which offered a good deal. is anyone else having this problem? I have not seen one the 2007 Edge yet and I live in Miami. Just wanted to get some feedback thanks.

I did speak with someone from mercury and he gave me a quote which stated that progressive was the lowest. Now as for getting what I wanted, due to my little to no credit history I was only approved for the SE at $25,000. It's good because now I can just up grade the systems that I want later on and not have it rise my monthly payment . The only thing I will miss is the vista roof which is what I wanted most of all and according to the dealer I will never be able to put on after purchase. I can only get a sunroof if I want to up grade later. But I am just thank full to have my first new car. Thanks for your advice.

I did speak with someone from mercury and he gave me a quote which stated that progressive was the lowest. Now as for getting what I wanted, due to my little to no credit history I was only approved for the SE at $25,000. It's good because now I can just up grade the systems that I want later on and not have it rise my monthly payment . The only thing I will miss is the vista roof which is what I wanted most of all and according to the dealer I will never be able to put on after purchase. I can only get a sunroof if I want to up grade later. But I am just thank full to have my first new car. Thanks for your advice.

I'd find a new lender.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Also put my vote for making some calls. Our insurer, Geico, offered it slightly higher rate than say a RAV-4, however its a newer vehicle without any history or idea of what it might cost to repair, how likely it is to crash given the demographic buying them - all in all, they have quite a bit of risk running right now and they price it accordingly to cover themselves. I should hope that the rates come down on the renewal, but we shall see. This car costs about 200/6 mo more than my sentra did, however they are completely different cars and i stopped carrying comp/coll on the sentra when it past 100k miles.

We also have the mechanical breakdown coverage - in place of the extended warranty that Ford offers for a fraction of the price.