Drive Bright Daytime Running Lights Install

Good Morning Ladies and Gentlemen,

I have searched the forums and haven't found the answer I am needed. I ordered an Gen2 kit from Dan and was installing when I ran into a snag. The installation video doesn't match up with our edge. We have an 2013 Ford Edge SE. Didn't have the factory DRL's. We are confused as the kit didn't come with instructions, and what was printed was for puddle lamps.

When installing, there is a blue wire coming out of the kit. I cannot find any mention of where to install this wire either in past or present videos or in any kind of written install. I also have a question of where to plug into the fuse panel as it mentions the DRL fuse location in the video, but the location he pulls from is not the same in our manual. I would love to finish this install today if someone could give me some pointers. Or if someone has an PDF of the correct install I would appreciate it.

Chris

• 2 years later...

Hi Tim,

The top post was from 2017 but if you're still looking for the connection maybe this will help.

Checking the website it appears what you have is a fancy switchback array (amber turn signals otherwise white drl).  The power wire for the drl function can go to any switched fuse in your under hood fuse box.  I don't have a diagram for your car but in my Gen2 Edge there are several fuses labeled "not used" or "spare."  Those sockets are generally switched (you'll want to double check with a multimeter or test light).  To use those slots I'd suggest using an add-a-fuse.  Connect the add-a-fuse lead to your new DRL and plug it in.  Done! 
If you don't have anything labeled as above, you can also use any switched fuse in the box, again using an add-a-fuse.

Cheers!

Edited by Gadgetjq
  • Like 1