Driver side power window switch? - 2013 Ford Edge Limited

JeffA

Hello,

Recently my master control switches for the power windows on the drive side stopped functioning. Currently the only window switch that opens is the passenger window(Only from the passenger door not the master drive switch). The rear windows won't open at all (from the rear door switches or from the master driver switch).

I've taken the master switch out and inspected it, nothing stands out that looks wrong. Has anyone encountered this issue before? Just looking for any possible tips or ideas of where to go next (I guess trying to trace wires back to the fuse panel?)

Thanks,

Jeff A

Hey Everyone,

Luckily my father in law who is a retired heavy duty mechanic was coming down for the weekend and brought some of his electronic testing tools with him to see if we could figure out where it was failing. Using the testing tools we elminated it being the master switch itself (provided power to the switch via the testing tool and the windows worked), or any fuses we realized it was most likely a wire between the switch and the fuse. With a bit of luck on his side after pulling the rubber boot off where the door wiring harness connects to the actual frame he just noticed one blue wire that had come unseated from the end of the harness.

The only other info i found on this issue online was in this forum -

http://www.fordforumsonline.com/threads/2013-edge-power-windows-not-working.15465/

Sounds like the exact same issue that we had, luckily I had a father-in law who was able to assist and save me $600+. In the end he soldered the wire back into the housing using a bit of ingenuity.

I took a few pictures of the particular wire that had come loose (which turns out after tracing it was the wire supplying power to the switch).

https://imgur.com/a/1SP15

Jeff

• Like 3

• 3 years later...

I just had this issue on my 2013 Edge.  The issue was over 8 years of opening and closing the drivers door the pins in the wire harness broke.  They tried to solder the pin and had no luck.  They checked the Ford stock and found that the wire harness is on a miniumum 3 month backorder.  So I decided with 110000 miles to get my wife a new gift and traded in for a new 2021 Edge.  But for anyone with this issue it will either be the wire broke or the pin in the connector.  Seems to be a common issue for the older cars.  I had same issue happen in my old Explorer.