EXTENDED WARRENTY CATCH ?

sanche

BBF,

I'm a bit late to this thread / party, but thought I would continue the discussion since I've been searching the forums for info.

I just bought a 2008 Edge Limited with (gulp) 46,000 miles on it. Obviously, the 3/30,000 is moot, but the 5/60,000 is still in place. I tried to go to the Ford ESP site and shop for an extended warranty that may cover items I've been reading about on the boards (chrome on the wheels, issues with the vista roof, etc). Due to the mileage, I don't qualify.

Do you have any suggestions?

Any help would be appreciated and I'm sure others on the boards would find it useful as well.

Thanks in advance!

Ghastly

• 1 month later...

BBF,

I'm a bit late to this thread / party, but thought I would continue the discussion since I've been searching the forums for info.

I just bought a 2008 Edge Limited with (gulp) 46,000 miles on it. Obviously, the 3/30,000 is moot, but the 5/60,000 is still in place. I tried to go to the Ford ESP site and shop for an extended warranty that may cover items I've been reading about on the boards (chrome on the wheels, issues with the vista roof, etc). Due to the mileage, I don't qualify.

Do you have any suggestions?

Any help would be appreciated and I'm sure others on the boards would find it useful as well.

Thanks in advance!

Ghastly

Hi Ghastly. :D I am very sorry and apologize that I did not see this post until today. Although this reply is certainly far too late, here goes:

The only extended Warranty that I can recommend in good conscience is the genuine Ford ESP Plan. I do not know of one aftermarket, third party extended service plan that I would recommend to a friend or family member (so I can't recommend one here either).

For those not awarer, the time limit for purchasing the Ford ESP Plan is the end of the "Bumper to Bumper Warranty. So 3 years/36,000 miles for Ford/Mercury and 4 years/50,000 miles for Lincoln.

Ghastly, please let us know what you decided to do.

Good luck. :beerchug:

• 5 months later...