Paint Issue

tommy79

My wife and I purchased an 08 Edge on April 5. Fifteen minutes after we left the lot we parked and noticed what looks like white paint overspray on the entire vehicle. We went back immediately and the sales manager said that we would have to bring it to the dealership's body shop to be buffed out. We paid alot of money for this vehicle and I'm starting to think that I would rather have them

A. Give me a new vehicle

B. Give me my money back

Does anyone think I stand a chance with these two options? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

if it's just overspray from nearby i wouldn't sweat it too much. it will buff out w/ some elbow grease, etc... my wife's vehicles get overspray on them were she works (really makes me mad) i don't remember what i used but i know it took lots of rubbing.

as for taking it back, check your laws??? i've been told ( i could really really be wrong) but heard you have 2-3 day's to return a vehicle if new. like i said i could be wrong.

what i would do: get some sorta cleaner, and test a small area just to make sure it was under the clearcoat. i would probably then call them first thing Monday and tell them your concern (depending on their attitude, hopefully positive) take it to them and tell them you do not want this vehicle and want to trade it for a different one, and Show them why.

hopefully someone else on here has dealt w/ issues similar w/ yours and could tell you how their experience went. GL

I doubt it would "may actually be a better paint job, from some of the post's i've read" how bad was the overspray, ALL over the vehicle or only certain areas?

(2008 Ice Blue Limited) overspray problem- did anyone suggest using "clay bar" on the paint. It will not hurt the finish. I was a skeptic at one time.

psgk

• 3 weeks later...
You had the same problem? What is wrong with Ford that they let these cars on the lots with these defects?

I will never buy another Ford.

I had an 07 black sel, my paint started to blister and pitting developed. I spoke to the service mgr, zone supervisor and engineer. Eveyone looked at the car they tried to repaint it which made it look worse.

They were of no help! I kept putting miles on the car.

Then I went to my sales mrg. two weeks later Ford gave me a new 08 limited.

Ford did right by me!

Mark

• 4 weeks later...