AutoUnlock reprogram?

dallenx

I know that the unlock issue has been covered but I’m wondering if anyone has found a way around the delay where the drivers door must be opened first?

I’d like to find out if there’s a way to program the AutoUnlock so that all the doors unlock when the vehicle is put in to Park.

I know that the unlock issue has been covered but I’m wondering if anyone has found a way around the delay where the drivers door must be opened first?

I’d like to find out if there’s a way to program the AutoUnlock so that all the doors unlock when the vehicle is put in to Park.

Hi dallenx. :D Short version, no. Unfortunately there is no way currently known to reprogram the "Auto-Unlock" feature to do what you would like. You can only turn the feature on or off.

The only way to unlock the back doors before you open a front door (driver or passenger) is to use the power door lock button or unlock them manually.

Long version (for those who do not know). Additionally, you do not need to unlock the front doors to exit the vehicle as the front doors unlock just by pulling the door handle, so there is no advantage for the front doors to having them unlock when the trans is shifted to park. The rear doors needing to be manually unlocked with the lock button to individually exit is a safety feature, obviously aimed mostly at those who have children. All someone in the back needs to do is unlock the door using the lock button to exit (just like the old days), they do not have to wait for the driver or front seat passenger. :yup:

Good luck. :beerchug:

Edited by bbf2530