07 Ford Edge, Hard to start after sitting 2 days

dddedge

I have an 07 Edge with 137,000 miles.(It sat in my garage 2 days without me starting it prior to this happening) this morning it didn't start right up as it usually does, instead it cranked over fast (battery is good) but didn't want to start, I cranked it about 10 seconds, then stopped cranking, then maybe another 10 and stopped cranking, then on the 3rd try of cranking over good and fast it finally started up. I drove it about 2 miles and it ran great with no problems. came back home and shut it off, it started right back up that time and several more times with no problem. I let it sat for 2 1/2 hours, went out and started it right up again no problem, drove about 4 miles to get some Lucas fuel injector cleaner, added it to the tank and filled up with gas, I was at almost 3/4 tank before fill up. shut it off and restarted a few more times with no problem...could it be my purge valve failing? I didn't fill it with gas before this happened. could it be a fuel injector leaking down or the fuel pump check valve leaking down after the Edge sits a couple days. any help is appreciated...Thanks in advance..

Update: I let it sit over night from yesterday afternoon so total time sitting undisturbed was about 19 hours this time, got in and it started right up within 3 seconds, made a short trip and back home, it started up fine each time. So I guess the next test would be to let it sit for 2 days again if possible, I usually drive it somewhere every day. If it ends up being the fuel pump module assembly, I saw a couple posts (with pictures) somewhere on line where the 07 to 09 Edge has a fuel pump access panel under the carpet behind the drivers seat to allow access to the fuel pump without dropping the tank. back seat must be removed to do this. so that is in my favor if I do end up needing to replace the fuel pump module because of the check valve letting gas drain back and loosing fuel pressure. Thanks to any suggestions that anyone wants to post.

• 2 years later...
On 1/20/2018 at 12:33 PM, dddedge said:

I have an 07 Edge with 137,000 miles.(It sat in my garage 2 days without me starting it prior to this happening) this morning it didn't start right up as it usually does, instead it cranked over fast (battery is good) but didn't want to start, I cranked it about 10 seconds, then stopped cranking, then maybe another 10 and stopped cranking, then on the 3rd try of cranking over good and fast it finally started up. I drove it about 2 miles and it ran great with no problems. came back home and shut it off, it started right back up that time and several more times with no problem. I let it sat for 2 1/2 hours, went out and started it right up again no problem, drove about 4 miles to get some Lucas fuel injector cleaner, added it to the tank and filled up with gas, I was at almost 3/4 tank before fill up. shut it off and restarted a few more times with no problem...could it be my purge valve failing? I didn't fill it with gas before this happened. could it be a fuel injector leaking down or the fuel pump check valve leaking down after the Edge sits a couple days. any help is appreciated...Thanks in advance..

Update: I let it sit over night from yesterday afternoon so total time sitting undisturbed was about 19 hours this time, got in and it started right up within 3 seconds, made a short trip and back home, it started up fine each time. So I guess the next test would be to let it sit for 2 days again if possible, I usually drive it somewhere every day. If it ends up being the fuel pump module assembly, I saw a couple posts (with pictures) somewhere on line where the 07 to 09 Edge has a fuel pump access panel under the carpet behind the drivers seat to allow access to the fuel pump without dropping the tank. back seat must be removed to do this. so that is in my favor if I do end up needing to replace the fuel pump module because of the check valve letting gas drain back and loosing fuel pressure. Thanks to any suggestions that anyone wants to post.

I actually have the same problem. I brought my 2017 FORD EDGE TITANIUM 3.5L V6 AWD at 32,000 km. It's now at 35,175 km and I've only had it for 9 months. I been obsessively doing maintenance, and changing everything that is a liquid, and filter. When I bought it I didn't notice it had a rear main seal leak. The leak was so small that it didn't ever hit ground. Would only leak slightly 2 months after doing oil changes. Anyway I ended up getting it dealt with at ford dealership. The technician removed transmission,  PTU, and he also removed the exhaust manifold completely. I told him he didn't have to remove the exhaust manifold, I tried telling him I think u only supposed to remove up to the exhaust manifold, but he keep on going on how the WSM work sheet material tells him he need to remove it. Anyway he ended up braking 2 exhaust manifold studs right flush, and he drilled them. Considering he wasn't even able to get my mud flaps on straight and with all the hardware, I'm pretty sure he made a mess out of this rear maim seal replacement. When I left the ford dealership with my edge after this work got done, my coolant level was rising high and looked very hot, but engine was at 89 Celsius only...this led me to think it's clogged somewhere or from drilling he got massive air in coolant system. Hoping he didnt drill through to the water jackets since there really close to those studs. Ive noticed a ticking a sound around throttle body, and 3 days after that rear seal got replaced, I now have a hard time starting my edge by remote starter of it has been 13 hours or more since I started it. It I start it before that it is fine to start by remote. If I don't start my edge in 13 hours the starter will turn about 8 times without stopping and will start on the 7th or 8th time when I use the remote starter. The remote just keeps turning and turning until starts. If I go inside the edge and don't touch the remote, and I push down the brake and push start button it will start instantly no matter how long it sat. But I think that is from the fuel pump getting primed by pushing brake down right? I'm not sure what's going on but I got ticking, problems starting, and seems like I have loss of power and slow acceleration. All started after that technician did the rear main seal replacement. Maybe that ticking is just the fuel injectors....a few people have told me it might be that. It's possible I'm much more alert and my hearing is sensitive because I'm looking for issues, and I'm assuming there will be so,e issues since ford technicians around here aren't intelligent at all.