2013 Edge Engine wouldn't turn off!

orbusk

Bought a used 2013 Edge in January. Has approximately 39K on it. No issues with the carfax report. Less than 2 months after buying it the following happened:

While pulling into my driveway, the display acted up and said something about "Put in Park" When I got into my garage, I put it in park, and turned the key to turn off the engine.... NOTHING happened! The engine would not turn off. Heater then turned on by itself, then off by itself. Took key out, put key in, turned key off and on repeatedly, engine kept running! The display kept cycling like the car was just turned on, then it would flash, go blank and repeat. Odometer kept turning too! It added ~8 miles while it was sitting in my garage and I was on the phone to Ford for help. We unhooked the battery, engine kept running. Had to call a tow and take it to Ford dealer. He manually overrode the gear selector (which was then stuck in park) and backed it up and got it on a flat bed. He took it to Ford, still running and they had to disconnect something related to a fuel sensor(?) to get it to turn off. (won't go into the frustration I have with the service department here.... that is a whole other story) Well, it's been over a week, and they have no answers for me.

Has anyone seen or heard of this before? I am beyond frustrated, to the point that I think I just bought a piece of junk. I really would like my Edge back!

Thank you

Edited by orbusk

Thanks for the reply akirby. Got the car back with no answers. Techs couldn't find anything wrong. No codes, and car never repeated the issues. To make the engine stop running they said they pulled the fuel pump fuse and then replaced it. Had them show me just which fuse that was just in case it happens to me again. Fingers crossed...